High Score

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
rockhammer777

Re: High Score

Post by rockhammer777 »

sorryimlikethis wrote: 16 July 2023, 10:05 178 in 2p symmetric
https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=397345507
he got all of the financier multipliers except for one duplicate secret society
won all of the financier resources every round for 8 financiers and the green resource 3 time getting 3 more financiers
he got 11 financiers from buildings(most of the points are financiers and the multipliers of financiers), 154 points(+2 generals winning energy res)
magnetic train for resource multiplier/university for resource multiplier
national monument that multiplied the yellow buildings by 2 for 14 points and 8 other points from buildings

Someone said yellow/blue were equal. I defy anyone to do the same with blue/generals. Not once did this build dip into blue or black for blue production and so do it with no yellow or yellow production. This game is imbalanced in the yellows favor.
sorryimlikethis

Post by sorryimlikethis »

It’s definitely possible, if you look at the 2nd post in this thread I got 157 with a blue/general build. Blue has the advantage of having a 2x multiplier in one card. But basically if you are getting 20+ character tokens you are going to score well with either build.
rockhammer777

Post by rockhammer777 »

No it is not, you fell short of the yellow top score by 21 points(making yellow build superior) and did it using 3 yellow buildings(not helping your case since yellow build did it without any black or blue, which means you needed yellow to even get the lower score you did while yellow doesnt need blue/black to score higher). Lost continent of Mu yellow production can be forgiven because it's blue, produces 2 red and is a blue multiplier but 3 yellow buildings? NEVER!

You should be more honest with yourself and the community, yellow is generally more equal then blue.
Last edited by rockhammer777 on 29 July 2023, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
sorryimlikethis

Australia also has the best soccer team because we hold the record for highest score of 31-0 against American Samoa.
Brazil? Their best win is only 14-0. Not even close. There's no argument that Brazil is better than Australia.
rockhammer777

Post by rockhammer777 »

Your comparisons dont even match. Sports teams are fluid and their worth can change, where as the cards in IAWW are fixed and are a constant. I give best case scenarios for white/yellow/green build vs white/black/blue/green build and the former comes out on top(constant).
sorryimlikethis

Your evidence is based off of 2 games that I played against much weaker opponents. The average score in IAWW is ~60. Does it matter if you score 150-60 or 170-60?

7 of the top 10 players average more generals than financiers per game. There's nothing equal about it. Yellow is easier to play for low level players, blue is better.
rockhammer777

Post by rockhammer777 »

I wasnt expecting you to go in the opposite direction and claim blue is better, wow. Now I know you're just contrary. Denying reality ruins your credibility. Because its easier to score with w/y/g you are more likely to score higher then w/b/b/g/and/y and w/y/g gets the highest score's. Fact. Stew on that before you go posting ludicrous and silly claims again.

let me fix that for you "170-80" not the much lower 60, I see you trying to fudge the numbers and lower y scoring.
Jeronimon

Post by Jeronimon »

I feel you both are going to go round in circles telling each other your theory is the right one. I see both of you not being interested in the arguments the other makes but just posing their own as the gospel.

It makes for an uninteresting read and is more like watching people arguing, which I find no fun.

Would it be possible for either of you to look at what the other is saying, try to understand, and counter with arguments?

That way I might learn something instead of watching a bar brawl.
And I am here to learn something, at least that is my goal.
Yuzelaisse

Post by Yuzelaisse »

Pretty happy with that 159 score ! It was in arena, but my opponent was a new player, so he didn't deny me my big cards :D

https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=407838516
rockhammer777

Post by rockhammer777 »

Yuzelaisse wrote: 16 August 2023, 11:10 Pretty happy with that 159 score ! It was in arena, but my opponent was a new player, so he didn't deny me my big cards :D

https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=407838516
Only 159 and 3 yellow buildings to do it, just proves the fact that Yellow can get higher points without blue/black but blue needs yellow and still scores lower then a yellow none blue/black build.

Return to “It's a Wonderful World”