Pass and Auto-Pass

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Stonewall62

Pass and Auto-Pass

Post by Stonewall62 »

I do not get why sometimes in close assault I have to select Pass or Auto-Pass if I do not have an Ambush card. What is the purpose of this? What is the difference between pass and auto-pass? It slows down the game. I can understand if you are holding an Ambush card.
Wiking44

Re: Pass and Auto-Pass

Post by Wiking44 »

See recent post on this called Ambush Set to Auto
Waikirikiri

Post by Waikirikiri »

There can be a reason for having "Auto Pass" turned off.

If you drawn the Ambush Card and have been "auto-passing" then each time your opponent attacks one of your units in close assault you will be asked if you want to use your Ambush.

This pause can tell your attentive opponent that you have the Ambush Card and they can rearrange their attacks.

I've seen it happen in the old DoW system.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

I just dont get why some players just dont click the big "?" button next to the pass and autopass buttons before coming here ??
MagnusNygaard

Post by MagnusNygaard »

Tisaac wrote: 19 January 2023, 08:41 I just dont get why some players just dont click the big "?" button next to the pass and autopass buttons before coming here ??
We're men - we don't read the manual!

Next thing you know you expect us to ask for directions as well!
sukavi

Post by sukavi »

:lol: :lol:
Vuduman

Post by Vuduman »

Any reason why the Auto-pass button shouldn't auto-reset itself to auto-pass, once the ambush Card has been Discarded?
MagnusNygaard

Post by MagnusNygaard »

Vuduman wrote: 26 January 2023, 02:53 Any reason why the Auto-pass button shouldn't auto-reset itself to auto-pass, once the ambush Card has been Discarded?
I've actually thought about that as well.
Jeronimon

Post by Jeronimon »

If we keep in mind for other than the standard decks there might be more than one ambush I concur.
Wiking44

Post by Wiking44 »

Vuduman wrote: 26 January 2023, 02:53 Any reason why the Auto-pass button shouldn't auto-reset itself to auto-pass, once the ambush Card has been Discarded?
I think on the previous post on this same subject that Tisaac said once it plays the option to ambush is gone until the card gets reshuffled back into play

Return to “Memoir 44”