Carcassonne - Score calculating fields

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
oxihoakhu

Carcassonne - Score calculating fields

Post by oxihoakhu »

Hi guys,
I don't know whether the calculation was wrong or not, but my fields scored 0 points and I don't know why. If you know the answer, please let me know.

Please be kind and nice!

Thank you!
Attachments
Screenshot_20230119-224229_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230119-224229_Samsung Internet.jpg (104.41 KiB) Viewed 640 times
euklid314

Re: Carcassonne - Score calculating fields

Post by euklid314 »

From your screenshot one cannot see on which farm your meeple was placed. If it was placed on a farm that is neighboring only to unfinished cities (like the small farms that neighbor only to the big, unfinished city), then 0 points is the correct score. You will get 3 points for each finished city neighboring your farm.

Please note that in the current BGA implementation there might be bugs in very specific game situations where the program does not correctly recognize certain cities as completed, even if they are. These cases are very rare, however.
Thinkus

Post by Thinkus »

The city is not complete.
oxihoakhu

Post by oxihoakhu »

Dear friends,

Thank you for your responses!

The city I mentioned is the center one with red +0 on it. I wish I could send you the whole picture but there was limited filesize for attachments.

As I understand that if my field is 1. uncompleted and 2. the field's neighboring fields are uncompleted => my field will score +0, right? Because I noticed that my opponent still got points for their incompleted field so I was so confused.

For further reference, I send you the code for that game of mine: Carcassonne #338023412.
euklid314

Post by euklid314 »

I rewatched your game and you had no farmer placed in the area of the screenshot. The +0 signs appear since you had a meeple inside the city. Since the city was not finished and since a cathredral is inside the city (a cathredral increases the value of the city by 50% if finished but gives 0 points if unfinished) you got 0 points.

For your other question: If you have placed a farmer on a field then it is not important if this field is "finished", i.e. enclosed on all sides. In any case you get 3 points for each finished (!) city that borders your field.
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

oxihoakhu wrote: 20 January 2023, 04:35Because I noticed that my opponent still got points for their incompleted field so I was so confused.
You don't "complete" fields. You seem to be confused that a field is something like a city that is "completed" when it is surrounded by walls or something. That's not how any of this works. Fields are scored according to completed cities touching the fields your meeples lie in, assuming you have the most (or are tied for the most) meeples in a field.

I'd suggest re-reading the rules, playing through a tutorial, or watching a video explaining the rules.

Return to “Carcassonne”