what a terrible riiculous unnessary actoin to a good game i will never play on here qgain

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
gnocchi donkey

what a terrible riiculous unnessary actoin to a good game i will never play on here qgain

Post by gnocchi donkey »

I just had the worse experience and cant believe this didnt get alpha time. I own this game since 2018 and after that game play i almost dont want to play ever again.
cards are always bought with ONE COLOR.

ALWAYS ONE COLOR
other than the except of the class 3 7 energy which are any color so no converters needed anyway

SO WHY WOULD ANYONE DESIGN A "WHAT COLOR TO CONVERT TO?" ACTION when buying is simple enough the converver DOESNT EVEN MATTER!!!!!
you can ONLY BUY ONCE so unless you hasd something to convert into onecolor that doubless then have 2 wild of that color, but never seen anyone in my game history have sonetingh that complex before game was over
eithe way i counted down trying to get my marble converted would not work did over and over i finally had to file and miss a turn on 4th time of this beucase payers talked about color that ghost box shows up
what a USELESS decision to do that anf complicate such a SIMPLE action.
The one player wouldnt abandon, wont mention a name ..talked about ELO fact is guess he needed the handicap of my=e losing turns because he needs the critch of someone making bad turns to tqchnical issues.
I cant believe BGA couldnt even try to compete with the * version , and get opinions before putting this up

I have played so many games where the stuff is filled in, but in this action the wild is the card you are playing you CANT LITERALLY change the color in your energy bank the X represents the color of card(energy conversion) like a freaking catalytic converter

*Moderator edit: please do not specifically name other gaming platforms
DaddyKiki69

Re: what a terrible riiculous unnessary actoin to a good game i will never play on here qgain

Post by DaddyKiki69 »

Lol. You must be fun at parties
Wilde_Hilde

Re: what a terrible riiculous unnessary actoin to a good game i will never play on here qgain

Post by Wilde_Hilde »

Sorry to say, I read your post now three times, but I don't get it. What is it your are complaining about?
Is it the game itself? Or the implementation? Or maybe both?
Fletcheese

Post by Fletcheese »

gnocchi donkey wrote: 21 January 2023, 05:48 SO WHY WOULD ANYONE DESIGN A "WHAT COLOR TO CONVERT TO?" ACTION
Simple example that actually comes up pretty frequently: I am buying a Gizmo that costs 2 blacks. I have 1 blue energy, a blue to any converter, a red doubling converter, and 2 red to any converters. I want to first convert my blue to red (which would be impossible if the converters were to assume you always want to convert to black as you suggest), double the red, then convert both reds to black.
Rouxxor

Post by Rouxxor »

He spoke about that. And when then case is really simple the game work quite ok: making you play a 1 cost card with a converter is well automatized.

At the moment you get multiple converter and build a higher card it comes with complexity. The game could implement many case to determine if you have or not choice over how to pay it. But it would be complicated and most of the time you will have to select things (probably less, but things netherless). So you have to learn the same things and loose almost the same time.

I do agree this could be better. Not only on that, the design doesn't allow us to easily see many things. The adaptation doesn't make us win as many time as we may expect (sometime it is played 10x faster than IRL, here it is more 3 times) but still it is clearly playable, especially at 2.

Return to “Gizmos”