Karma calculations

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
yfimc

Karma calculations

Post by yfimc »

Can anyone explain how Karma is calculated? It seems players who have a lot of abandon and timeout penalties can still have quite high karma, for example I see one player with 21 abandon and 74 timeout penalties out of 169 recent games. That means a 12% abandon rate and a 44% timeout rate. So depending on the calculation I would expect a Karma rating of somewhere between (100-44-12=) 44% and (100-12=) 88%. However the player’s Karma is 92%. How’s that work?
Jellby

Re: Karma calculations

Post by Jellby »

It's not "calculated", at least not beyond subtracting and adding. In some cases you get a penalty (for quitting, or as a sanction), which is applied instantly. Then for every game you finish without going red in time you get +1. There may also be some capping (you can't increase your karma beyond a certain non-100 value) in some cases. I believe this explains it: quit a game, then finish 10 quick games of any game and you're back to 100%.
yfimc

Re: Karma calculations

Post by yfimc »

thanks for the explanation. that’s kind of surprising to me but definitely explains the flaky players with good karma and the usually reliable players with suddenly bad karma…

Return to “Discussions”