Good Turn Based Game?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
twenty9oh7

Re: Good Turn Based Game?

Post by twenty9oh7 »

Memoir '44, azul, carcassone, castles of burgandy are some good ones. If you look at the number of games being played on the tables page (www.boardgamearena.com/gameinprogress) you can see how many turn-based games are being played for each top game and it may give you some insight as well.
TheStrongOne13

Post by TheStrongOne13 »

my current favs to play turn base due to having time to plan and using the notes feature to plan moves makes it easier to organize:

Ticket to ride, Welcome To, Lost Ruins of Arnak
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Isn't the answer to this question simply to eliminate all the games that absolutely cannot be played turn-based (like Spot It), work best with real-time discussion (like Werewolf), or don't have clunky mechanics that require people to react to something you did during your turn before your turn is resolved (and that's not even a deal breaker for some people)? Then whatever remains is just a matter of taste and the question collapses into "what games are good?"
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

I interpret the question as "which 2-player games don't have clunky mechanics (or very short and very many turns)?", at least those are the ones I'd consider good for turn-based, without considering the quality/appeal of the game itself.

Return to “Discussions”