Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Ziggyny

Recovering Karma?

Post by Ziggyny »

Hello!

I am normally a very active and timely player, playing many arena games at a time, but a recent ice storm knocked power out of a chunk of south-eastern New Brunswick. We were without power from ~7am Tuesday morning until ~3pm Sunday afternoon. Most of my opponents were kind enough to allow the games to continue but a handful kicked me out, drastically lowering my karma. I am sure that with power back on I can finish up plenty of games to recover it, but I am not able to start any new games. Nor am I able to explain what happened in chat of existing games, so I may still end up kicked out of more games as people take turns.

Do I have any recourse? It looks like my only options are to wait 60 days or to wait for my active games number to drop below 5 in order to chain spam a short game 50 times or so?
Leard

Re: Recovering Karma?

Post by Leard »

Not that I'm aware. Just find the shortest game you can, Railroad Ink or something, and chain play a bunch of real-time games to speed through karma.
Ziggyny

Post by Ziggyny »

Ah, real time games would be the key I guess. I tried to make some quick turn based games since that's what I'm used to but it wouldn't let me until my game number got below 5. If it lets me real time then I can fix it in an evening busing around New York probably. Thanks.
elle_super

Post by elle_super »

I've recently lost karma too (due to falling asleep after starting a game :roll: ) and I noticed that I'm not able to start any games, but I can't see it written anywhere that disabling game start is a punishment for low karma. I haven't been able to figure out what's going on at all.

How long does the punishment last and how can I recover karma if I can't start games?

Return to “Discussions”