Shogun is now alpha!

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
achalupka

Re: Shogun is now alpha!

Post by achalupka »

Interesting. I like Shogun quite a bit. But how the heck do you implement the cube tower?!
mcjc

Post by mcjc »

So happy to play this game with BGA, thanks!
I can help to translate it into French.
How can I contribute?
I cannot find it in the list of https://boardgamearena.com/translationhq
Dannyking

Post by Dannyking »

How i can access to alpha tests? I got a lot of experience with that title and i really want to speed up works related to the appearance of the game on bga.

I can help too with translate game to polish
CesareRaf

Post by CesareRaf »

First of all thank you for coding the game, both the game and its implementation are amazing!!

After a few games, I have a question about the rules. Since it is basically a wargame, I wonder how alliances work. Are they allowed? If yes, are they supposed to be discussed openly at the table?
player1772

Post by player1772 »

CesareRaf wrote: 19 April 2023, 19:19 First of all thank you for coding the game, both the game and its implementation are amazing!!

After a few games, I have a question about the rules. Since it is basically a wargame, I wonder how alliances work. Are they allowed? If yes, are they supposed to be discussed openly at the table?
Technically, it is not a war game. It is not even listed as one on the boardgamegeek website. I'm curious as to why that is.
Does anybody know? Is it because the game mechanics used are euro? Anyway, it does look rather interesting. Anybody have any idea when this will reach beta phase?
player1772

Post by player1772 »

Just to build off of my previous post, other war-like games like A Game of Thrones and Star Wars: Rebellion are not actually considered to be war games. Why is that? The game Root, which was actually inspired by games like AGOT and Diplomacy, IS a war game but the aforementioned other two are not. I'm curious to hear from anybody on this topic.
Keroak

Post by Keroak »

I'm playing my first game of Shogun in bga.
After the first round i feel strange about the tower mechanism. I wonder how the odds are calculated. In my tabletop games, the tower doesn't usually holds too many armies, but in the bga version it seems full of them.
CesareRaf

Post by CesareRaf »

Keroak wrote: 10 May 2023, 13:16 I'm playing my first game of Shogun in bga.
After the first round i feel strange about the tower mechanism. I wonder how the odds are calculated. In my tabletop games, the tower doesn't usually holds too many armies, but in the bga version it seems full of them.
I have the same feeling, the tower in BGA holds so many armies, it does not match the dimension or the odds of the real one.
Uhtohk

Post by Uhtohk »

I'm looking forward to playing this game on BGA.
Hopefully Axis & Allies follows.
Vengil

Post by Vengil »

How is the project progressing?

In the last new, Yupa said (july 2023) :
I submitted a request to move the game to beta. The response was that the game needs to be playtested by the publisher, which will delay the process.
Publisher said (today) :
We have no direct control over adding games to BGA, as a developer has to want to make the mod. Currently no one has contacted us about doing one, so if you want it added you would have to campaign with BGA directly for someone to make the implementation.
The developer must contact the publisher. I hope this happens. This game is amazing and the developer has done a great job. :)

Return to “"Alpha" games”