Shogun is now alpha!

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Yupa

Shogun is now alpha!

Post by Yupa »

Hi everyone,

Shogun is now in Alpha!

Shogun is a 3-5 player strategy game by Dirk Henn. As warlords in 16th-century Japan, the players attempt to secure a position of dominance for their respective clans. To succeed, a player will need not only to control as many provinces as possible, but also to develop his realm by building castles, temples and theaters.

Each player has the same 10 possible actions to develop his kingdom and score points. Each round, the players decide which of their actions are to be played out and in which of their provinces. If battle ensues between opposing armies, the unique Cube Tower plays the leading role: cubes (representing troops) from both sides are thrown in together, and those that fall out at the bottom show who has won immediately.

You can access the game from the reviewer page or by joining the Alpha group. Please file feature requests and bugs at /bugs?game=1725.

Thanks!
Pokerdealerohio

Re: Shogun is now alpha!

Post by Pokerdealerohio »

Incredible! Have the big box and this game is perfect for this!
-Jester-

Post by -Jester- »

Would love to try this out. Had a family emergency a few mi th back and my rep went Kaput. I’ll bring it back up to snuff.
shawnxofdaxdead

Post by shawnxofdaxdead »

Excited to see this. Just looked at the game on BGG, I have been looking for a Cube Tower mechanic game to introduce to my group. Can't wait till this hit Beta.
Magicus

Post by Magicus »

Shogun is a really great game, so thanks for bringing it here!
Though I still wonder, by which magic did you manage to simulate realistically that pesky Cube Tower :)
As I was quite sure, that because it includes such crazy game component (which in D&D would be classified as being of Chaotic Neutral alignment) it would be near impossible to see it anytime soon on BGA.
So far the testing goes quite well, no bugs encountered yet. Though I wonder about one thing - at the end of winter there is one step, which I don`t fully understand, as it asks everyone to draw 0 new provinces.
I checked in the rulebook, if there is any possibility to draw new provinces (e.g. if your count drops below some critical threshold), but didn`t find anything about that. So maybe it is just some remnant of the coding used for the game setup?
Barbarossa41

Post by Barbarossa41 »

I joined the group, but I can't see the game on the list...
Colachsso

Post by Colachsso »

I'd love to try out the alpha so, if anybody is looking for a match and I'm around, please feel free to invite me! I can't create games because I'm still 200-ish games short from accessing games in alpha myself. ^^
W1sk3yJack

Post by W1sk3yJack »

I used to own this and logged about 30 plays. I love this game, but it didn’t make the cut during a culling as it wasn’t hitting the table enough. :(
GimmeUrCoin

Post by GimmeUrCoin »

Wow, wasn't expecting this! Would love to play!
Hamburglar919

Post by Hamburglar919 »

Have never played but love the theme and aesthetic, would love to check it out!

Return to “"Alpha" games”