More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Boudica of Celtia

Try for free

Post by Boudica of Celtia »

Hi, I'm new. I have a big banner with this text:

"
Try BGA Premium for 1 month for free!

One time offer just for you:

Subscribe to BGA premium today to get a 1 month Free Trial.
"

I want to try this but i can't get it to work. I have no credit card. Do i need one for a free trial? I have paypal but i really just want to try first.
TheStrongOne13

Re: Try for free

Post by TheStrongOne13 »

I am not sure, but I just found out that you can earn points to redeem for 1 month free membership. Go to your profile, and under "about" tab look next to "My gift points." There should be a clickable link that says "Contribute to BGA and get a Premium membership." On that page it shares the ways you can earn points and once you reach 100 you can redeem for a free month. Hope that helps! :)
Boudica of Celtia

Ah ok. Because it say free trial i think i don't need 100. I don't have that...
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

Most 'try for 1 month free' offers online require credit card details upfront. They make money out of people's inertia in failing to cancel by the end of the month.

I suspect Asmodee/BGA is doing something similar with the special offer 'just for you' here.

Not sure what you really need to try with Premium to see if you want it though: you can try all of the games without a subscription, by joining games others have created if they are Premium-only, and for the rest (no ads, choosing your favourite coloured meeples to play, some extra stats, etc.), you can probably decide already whether it's worth it to you to pay for them.
Boudica of Celtia

I often have long wait time and not my favorite setting. I want to see if that is better on trial month
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

If you're willing to try (and win) 20 different games, you can get one free premium month for free from the gift points.
Vuduman

Post by Vuduman »

I often have long wait time and not my favorite setting. I want to see if that is better on trial month
No, it is not going to get any faster.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Vuduman wrote: 26 January 2023, 11:31 No, it is not going to get any faster.
It might be, if it's a premium game with many non-premium players waiting and not enough premium to start tables.
Vuduman

Post by Vuduman »

if it's a premium game with many non-premium players waiting and not enough premium to start tables.
Huh? Anyway, I suggest they open up Freemium players to create real-time premium games - Kickstart real-time play mode.

On the Chance that it might cause problems for me - I am a Freemium player, I can create any Scenario I desire. I Set up A scenario (non-random) and have yet to get any takers. I understood that Freemiums weren't allowed to do that? Doesn't matter if I lose that ability or not...nobody joins anyway.

Looks like I have to give up one of my favorite games. I'm outa here.

Regarding M44 only
yarimwilliamsrobert

Post by yarimwilliamsrobert »

How can I get a free membership?

Return to “Discussions”