Is it me or 95% of steals are mermaid???

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Woodruff

Re: Is it me or 95% of steals are mermaid???

Post by Woodruff »

You can’t make statistics on a sample of three…
BenBounty

Post by BenBounty »

Same here... Every single steal are mermaid... now I just drop them because I already know I can steal them and then I'm not being the next target anymore ... :roll:
Peca01

Post by Peca01 »

Same here...
Mike JJ

Post by Mike JJ »

When you pick up a mermaid it is shown in your hand and it will be on the RIGHT. If another player attempts to steal they will be presented with cards in the SAME order that they are in your hand (i.e with the mermaid on the right). They should be shuffled.
jestaoz

Post by jestaoz »

Please allow each player to arrange their cards as they see fit. Every single time, the card on the furthest right (ie the highest value) is stolen. It is extremely disappointing that you can do nothing to prevent this. It's a shame because this is a fun game but this issue really makes me not want to play any longer.
Mizio66

Post by Mizio66 »

Maybe is bias, but this happens to me too. How many bias are there?
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

jestaoz wrote: 27 December 2023, 11:04 Please allow each player to arrange their cards as they see fit. Every single time, the card on the furthest right (ie the highest value) is stolen. It is extremely disappointing that you can do nothing to prevent this. It's a shame because this is a fun game but this issue really makes me not want to play any longer.
This is just a misperception based on the visual depiction of the action. It is completely random:
It's just a visual thing, but it's exactly the same as just choosing a name. In fact it was choosing the name during the alpha, but the publisher asked for this change to make it more like the physical game.
Yet I just changed the visual, and no matter which card you click, it just sends the server which player you chose. So, totally random, even if it doesn't seem so (read the lots of forum post about random and human bias if youwant to learn more). The source code is available if you want to double-check
Source: the developer.
GM_Punk

Post by GM_Punk »

I feel you. Yesterday i played several games an nearly every stolen card was a mermaid even if i had 10 cards on my hand. I Stopp playing this games because this is so annoying.

Return to “Sea Salt & Paper”