Allow host to rearrange player order before starting game

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
brainiacv5

Allow host to rearrange player order before starting game

Post by brainiacv5 »

most of the turn-based games that I have are with the same people, or any subset of them.

it would be easy for our group (and maybe other groups would like that) to have the same order for several games, that way, at any given time, if it's my turn, it will be my turn in all the tables that I have with my group.

the benefit lies in speeding the games.
If one player of a 6 people group plays only once every 3 or 4 hours, he can play in all his tables at that moment, and give the chance to the other users to take their turn in all the tables, instead of taking a turn in 1 table, then 4 hours later in other 2 tables, and so on.

I think in-sync tables would progress faster that those not in-sync.

I would enable this option only in friend restricted tables.
Dissaster

Re: Allow host to rearrange player order before starting game

Post by Dissaster »

I Agree.
pugsworth

Post by pugsworth »

I agree,
this would also enable more efficient ordering of players across timezones. Players in Australia, Asia etc can easily find themselves in games with players from Europe & the Americas. If the players are ordered opposite to their timezones and the rotation of the earth this can really slow down games. So it would be great if there was an option to order play according to their timezones. This could be done manually or automatically.
thanks
ChronicB Gamer

Post by ChronicB Gamer »

I understand the value in this, but my concern would be that in some games turn order is advantageous. So If the host can choose the order they can set it up so it works better for them. eg put a weaker player to be in the position just before them.

Is there a distinction in the code for a fiend restricted table? if not, the only fix I can think of is for it to be implemented as a variant within each game that doesn't order can't matter in this way (I wonder how many there would be?) and/or as an option for all games when you are in training mode. Meaning if you want to play that way with friends your game rating wouldn't be affected.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

This would be a nice addition to training-mode games. Often when I am teaching a game (especially when I am familiar only with the physical copy, and not the BGA interface) having someone randomly click before I explain situations leads to bad first moves and/or restarting the game. It would be nice to be able to set myself as first player.

Again, this opinion is only for training-mode games. Haven't made up my mind on ELO/Arena games.

Return to “Suggestions”