Alchemist/leaders on Nuclear bomb

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Mattzord

Alchemist/leaders on Nuclear bomb

Post by Mattzord »

Yesterday I encountered a situation where I used Alchemist in 4th era to advance to M10 (nuclear bomb). I was surprised when I discovered that I couldn't play a tap card. My opponents pointed me to the rule that you have to play a tap card ON TOP of another tap card which was of course not the case because civs are prioritized in the income round. The icon of playing a tap card is also used in a tech card and I think that one is possible to do in this scenario (when you advance to a tech upgrade via Alchemists/Leaders).

Although it's an edge case it can still have quite a big influence on the way you want to play your leaders/alchemists. I'm curious what you guys think of this and if this should be revisited or not.
poserLX

Re: Alchemist/leaders on Nuclear bomb

Post by poserLX »

No, I don't think it should be revisited. It would require a fairly significant change to the game system to accomplish this.

But to clarify, there is no way, in the base game, to play a tapestry card during the civ step of an income turn, even if you are upgrading Printing Press to the square benefit. (There is a civ in an expansion that is able to play a tapestry card during this step, but that's because it is a different benefit from "play a tapestry card on top of another".)
Mattzord

Post by Mattzord »

Thanks for commenting. I guess your right. It are these types of nuances/details which you will learn along the way. I won’t make this mistake again for sure.
FletchLives

Post by FletchLives »

Really interesting quirk -- I have not had that happen to me yet, so appreciate the heads up. And while I never want to agree with Poser ;) I guess with this one, I do -- especially given there's another circumstance where that happens.

Return to “Tapestry”