Can’t build a Gizmo — Bug or user error?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
CaseAce

Can’t build a Gizmo — Bug or user error?

Post by CaseAce »

I have a Gizmo in my Archive that costs 3 yellow to build. I have already built two converters: 1 Red to 2 Red, and 1 Red to Any. I have 2 Yellow and 1 Red energy available.

When I try to build the 3 Yellow Gizmo, I convert the Red to 2 Reds, then one of those 2 Reds to a Yellow. The box that allows me to finalize the build has turned from 2/3 Yellow (gray background) to 3/3 Yellow (blue background), but when I click I get the error message “Can’t use Red to build a Yellow Gizmo.” I am unable to highlight the newly-made Yellow, and when I click on the original Red that started the conversions they are both undone.

This occurred while playing on an iPhone 8, iOS version 16.2. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
Ez0ah

Re: Can’t build a Gizmo — Bug or user error?

Post by Ez0ah »

When using a converter, I think you are supposed to use all the products in the build action. In your case, you aren’t able to use that doubled red you converted. If you skip the doubling converter, you should have no trouble building your gizmos.
Fletcheese

Post by Fletcheese »

Ez0ah wrote: 26 January 2023, 19:35 When using a converter, I think you are supposed to use all the products in the build action. In your case, you aren’t able to use that doubled red you converted. If you skip the doubling converter, you should have no trouble building your gizmos.
As the developer I can confirm this is accurate. You cannot overspend on a Gizmo even if you're just overspending temporary energy. Why did you double your red? You should just convert it to yellow and that should work.
CaseAce

Post by CaseAce »

Fletcheese wrote: 27 January 2023, 01:20 As the developer I can confirm this is accurate. You cannot overspend on a Gizmo even if you're just overspending temporary energy. Why did you double your red? You should just convert it to yellow and that should work.
Because I didn’t realize energy from converters was temporary; I thought I could use both converters and bank an extra red at the end of the build.

Return to “Gizmos”