[Bug ?] Options for Arena mode for Tzolk'in

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Amau_Catepetl

[Bug ?] Options for Arena mode for Tzolk'in

Post by Amau_Catepetl »

Hello,

I don't know if this issue exists for other games but for Tzolk'in, I managed the options in arena mode for playing only against my level +/- 1. So, as Master player, I should normally play against masters and experts with this option. However I got players between 100 and 200 ELO in both games I have launched.

Do you know why ? Do I miss something ? Otherwise, is it possible to correct it ?

Thanks.

Amau
dschingis27

Re: [Bug ?] Options for Arena mode for Tzolk'in

Post by dschingis27 »

In Arena mode, the setting +/-1 means something different, it refers to the Arena leagues rather than the Elo skill levels. So e.g. by setting +/-1 while in Bronze league, you make sure to only get matched against Bronze or Silver.

And yes, it is a litte weird that the setting UI in Arena mode is the same like in Simple mode but it means a different thing. I never particularly liked that. And unfortunately they haven't put much effort in trying to match equally skilled players when they designed the Arena mode. :|
Amau_Catepetl

Post by Amau_Catepetl »

ok, thanks a lot for your answer :)

So maybe the arena mode should be reworked even if I know that is easier to say it than to do it ;)
Amau_Catepetl

Post by Amau_Catepetl »

Hello,

Yesterday I wanted to play Tzolk'in in arena mode. In my settings, I say that I want to play only against players with the same level (Elite) but I got 2 players not in Elite. It seems not normal

Who has the explanation ?
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Amau_Catepetl wrote: 22 November 2023, 12:44I say that I want to play only against players with the same level (Elite)
Just to clarify, did you set every other level to "Never want to play with"?
Amau_Catepetl

Post by Amau_Catepetl »

yes
Preppie71

Post by Preppie71 »

I believe there are different settings real time and turn based. That`s my only theory apart from a bug.

Return to “Tzolk'in”