changing the result of a tournament game

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Gulchen

changing the result of a tournament game

Post by Gulchen »

I messed up, and got my opponent to agree to Collectively Abandon a tournament game, because I told my opponent that my
opponent was wrong about the game being a tournament game, and I now see that it's actually me who was wrong on that.
We now show as each having a 1/2 point from that game. ​ Is there some way of changing this to my opponent getting the full point?

It is perhaps relevant that ​ the tournament is for a game which has no draws ​ and the
Points attribution for skipped players ​ is ​ Maximum points a player would gain in a full game
, ​ so there should be no way other than a Collective Abandon to get 1/2 points in the tournament.

I'm also mentioning that this would have been avoided if ​ there had been an on-site notification that the tournament had started,
or ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ the ​ Game options ​ had indicated ​ ​ ​ "Tournament game" ​ , ​ ​ ​ rather than just ​ ​ ​ "Normal mode" ​ .
I will probably put the latter in Suggestions.
User Already Exists

Re: changing the result of a tournament game

Post by User Already Exists »

This doesn't seem like a fair solution. Perhaps you and your opponent can just agree to replay the game? There are still1 4 days left in round 1.
Gulchen

Post by Gulchen »

Well, that too would need cooperation from BGA, to change the 1/2-1/2 to the result of the replayed game.
brzytwa

Post by brzytwa »

Do you really believe, that BGA will change manually the result in just some tournament?

I still wait for closing tournament, which started 2 years ago, and BGA failed to start last round. https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=70281
Gulchen

Post by Gulchen »

BGA replied 2 days ago to my support request: ​ ​ ​ Apparently,
"there is no way to change the outcome of a Tournament game." ​ .
nicch

Post by nicch »

It tells you on the game page that it's part of a tournament?
Gulchen

Post by Gulchen »

Well, I now see that the time limit shown there is one which can't arise on BGA outside of tournaments.

However, I don't see anything more explicit, and as mentioned
in my OP, it also says ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ Game mode ​ Normal mode ​ ​ ​ .

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”