- 40% reputation

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
MagicStunter

- 40% reputation

Post by MagicStunter »

i'm really wondering why i have this - 40% reputation , i play fair , i don't insult players ...... last few days i hv help players to lvl up in leagues , the third man didn't like and made me a red thumb ..... giving al my ressources to one player to make him win is not forbiden , i help unknow players of lower league to lvl up , i give them my ressources , in 2 days a i had many red tumbs so i gat - 40% reputation , how , why & what the f.ck .... i wanna help players to lvl up .... moderators should look at this issue ..... playing fair & cooperating with others players must not made me ban coz 2 players red thumb me , they just don't understand gaming and human way to be , let's them learn to be human , moderators plaese undo what they did , i'm really fair , i help peoples , this -40% in reputation is really unfair
GeraldineMerida

Re: - 40% reputation

Post by GeraldineMerida »

What you did is not 'really fair', it's kingmaking. And it is not allowed here, and strongly disapproved of by most serious gamers.

And inflating weaker/newer players' results by your in-game actions doesn't even help them: in the short term, they'll get paired with opponents who are too good for them, which is not very fun; in the medium term, their ELO and arena scores will drop back to their 'true' levels.
MagicStunter

Post by MagicStunter »

oki , i"m sad that u think like this , i always help the poor peoples to have a chance to go upper .... u made me sad , i will delete my annual premium
MagicStunter

Post by MagicStunter »

plz undo this - 40% reputation , 2 angry kids coz i helped players to lvl up , i'm sure u did it too , don't blame me
MagicStunter

Post by MagicStunter »

if not , i go to my bank and delete the purchase i did
sorryimlikethis

Post by sorryimlikethis »

Good intentions - bad implementation.

There's two sides here. You're ruining the game for the person that was leading. If I was leading and had someone give all their resources to the 3rd player, I would be furious. In that position I would absolutely red-thumb you. That's not BGA's fault. If enough people red-thumb you then you will lose reputation. If you do this regularly in games then those red-thumbs are deserved.

Why should you get to decide who wins? Why shouldn't it be the person that plays the best? Or the person that got the luckiest?

If you want to help low ELO players there are better ways to do it. Give them tips on how to play better (if they want them). Handing them free victories does nothing in the long term.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

MagicStunter wrote: 02 February 2023, 02:10 giving al my ressources to one player to make him win is not forbiden
Uh, actually....
FAQ - code of conduct wrote: Link Here
What is the code of conduct?
On Board Game Arena, you should not:
Run out of time on the game clock.
Leave a game in progress on purpose.
Take an unnecessary and unreasonable amount of time at the end of game in an obvious losing position.
Engage in Kingmaking: enabling another player to win on purpose while there is a better move to make for yourself.
Give some piece of information about the current game situation that disturbs the normal game flow.
Communicate with another player about the game privately (for example with an instant messenging app).
Engage in provocation / triumphalism / defeatism... anything which is not fair play.
Use an avatar that may be shocking or offensive to other players (no advertisement, no politics, ...)
Breaking these rules will affect your reputation.
You are pretty much engaging in the definition of kingmaking, which is specifically prohibited in the code of conduct. It sounds like your red thumbs are deserved.
player1772

Post by player1772 »

He is the Robin Hood of BGA.
Etheric Tsunami

Post by Etheric Tsunami »

when friends talk together via discord , they play 2 vs 1 , same with the ingame audio ........ so helping a player by making him winning to help him lvl up is like to be in discord with him , robin hood is your friend that help you , why not ?
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Etheric Tsunami wrote: 10 February 2023, 23:51 when friends talk together via discord , they play 2 vs 1 , same with the ingame audio ........ so helping a player by making him winning to help him lvl up is like to be in discord with him , robin hood is your friend that help you , why not ?
2 wrongs don't make a right.

Who's to say the player that's being helped to win, wants to be helped to win?

And 2 players secretly playing together is all kinds of bad and unsportsman like.

Return to “Discussions”