2 player large map with 'ghost'-doomsday machines

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Roghain

2 player large map with 'ghost'-doomsday machines

Post by Roghain »

I could not find this mentioned elsewhere on the BGA forums for SE4X but apologies if I missed it.

Playing a 2 player game on a large map. Advanced rules, no wormholes. After both players had explored their home territories they started on DS. Coincidentally both found a DM in the first three hexes explored. One was within 2 hexes of an alen planet, the other not. First one moved 2 hexes onto t hge AP, DM was destroyed. The other did not move but after the first economic phase following their discovery the DM disappeared only to RE-appear as a translucent much smaller counter on a colony of the second player. Seemed like a silly glitch so we decided to play on. After the next economic phase however the ghostly DM disappeared again and this time it reappeared on my colony which happend to have three shipyards. Stil dismissing it as a graphical and inconsequential glitch we played on only to find out the next economic phase I could not build anything on the planet where the translucent DM was sitting, like a siege.

No combat was started, no bombardment, but the game treated it like a siege.

Is this a known issue? I forgot to make a screenshot, so I'll try and reproduce this effect to n see if I can get a screensbot out here.
Lunalol

Re: 2 player large map with 'ghost'-doomsday machines

Post by Lunalol »

DM have been removed from multiplayer games (too much bugs).
How can you have them in your game ??? perhaps an old one ?
I should have written a bug report for that.
Thanks for playing.
Roghain

Re: 2 player large map with 'ghost'-doomsday machines

Post by Roghain »

No, not old. I forgot to mention it was a solo 2 player game to learn the interface. So I guess that must have been it

Return to “Space Empires: 4X”