Does Autopass "skip" the pub?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Junesen

Does Autopass "skip" the pub?

Post by Junesen »

Autopass says that it passes until the next phase begins. So I haven't turned it on since it is the last round and I want to use my pub. Can anyone tell me if autopass skips the pub?

In general, I think the current autopass is too broad. I'd rather have an autopass that passes until the board changes. Right now I don't autopass if there is a remote possibility that later on if the board changes that I might do something. So it stays unenabled and I spend days manually passing while people buy stuff from their hands.
Ranior

Re: Does Autopass "skip" the pub?

Post by Ranior »

It will not pass you past the chance to use your pub.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting would actually work in practice to be worthwhile--it's rare enough for that situation to arise. The current autopass works well--if you don't care what is happening anymore in the phase you can drop out....otherwise if you do potentially care, you just wait and take your turn as need be.
Vandaley

Re: Does Autopass "skip" the pub?

Post by Vandaley »

The pub happens after that phase and before the next (you get paid as the blue phase ends), it is like its own mini phase, so no it is not skipped.

Return to “Saint Petersburg”