Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Chucklepie

Safety of payment details if go premium

Post by Chucklepie »

Hello,
I haven't got premium yet but I'm a little wary of my financials details available on my account when bga don't offer 2fa.

Can anyone tell me if these are not viewable on the site and are obfuscated and held separately? Or is PayPal a better option as the subscription is, presumably, held there with a recurring payment so no personal information is held at all in the account details or with bga?I

Thanks
sesc

Re: Safety of payment details if go premium

Post by sesc »

I am subscribed to premium and selected payment via credit card. I just checked my account, I can nowhere find the credit card number. So it seems to be hidden even from yourself or anyone knowing (or guessing) your password.

I checked all the pages which I reasonably expect to potentially contain such information: the premium subscription page, also the bill of the last payment. So maybe there is some other page which I overlooked.
BenInJapan

Post by BenInJapan »

They do utilize Strip to process your payments, so your credit card details will should actually never be send to BGA itself, and thus never stored anywhere on the site if they implemented the payment process correctly (which I personally would not have any doubt that they did).

However, this should probably still be confirmed by a developer.
lordalx

Post by lordalx »

Hi. You can find information on this subject here
https://boardgamearena.com/legal?section=ppac

Within section 7 is explained that boardgamearena do not store any payment information.
Chucklepie

Post by Chucklepie »

Thanks, I joined (well, my son did). I used paypal one-off so nothing is stored anywhere.

Return to “Discussions”