Faster speed settings

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Pipcelot

Faster speed settings

Post by Pipcelot »

Would it be possible to have a faster speed setting for wingspan. I have so far put thumbs down on 20% of my opponents because they are too slow, but within the time limit allotted for fast speed. A good game players use between 8 to 12 minutes, a rare 14 minutes, but the speed settings for wingspan are not in sync with how fast a regular player plays. It would be very nice if these could be shortened with 30%, too actually ensure a fast game.
Pip
paramesis

Re: Faster speed settings

Post by paramesis »

For Wingspan's specific time speed settings, see my response in a previous thread here: https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 44#p128344

It could be worth asking BGA for a "very fast" table speed setting, which would be available for all games. There is an open suggestion report to the entire site to do just that: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=43351
Pipcelot

Post by Pipcelot »

As suggested I have voted for speed settings and read your other post. So is this time setting flexible?.. meaning in the beginning you set it to 30 secs, will we ever get there again if we all play fast?
I report almost any player that goes over time and use the expel button to speed them up, once it's obvious it's not a connection issue and I personally block any player that plays 18 min or slower, but they just keep coming :-(
Maybe it's a sign to start playing something else than wingspan :D

Pip
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Pipcelot wrote: 09 February 2023, 11:59 I report almost any player that goes over time
I don't think going over time is a reportable offense (expulsion, penalties and red marks are already enough). If you systematically report every player that goes over time, you could get a moderation penalty for "abusing" the report system.
Pipcelot

Post by Pipcelot »

I haven't gotten a warning for doing it and they did play slow and go over time (I am not reporting people for going over time once or twice, stuff happens - thus I did write ALMOST :) ) we are talking about repeated slow play, ignoring the fact that it's a timed event.
It would help if we could disallow UNDO, like when playing AZUL
Pip
xunuvose

Post by xunuvose »

For me, I think adding a timer on confirm moves would help immensely. Most of the time I forget it doesn’t have a timer like most games and that makes the game go by way slower
kloaf11

Post by kloaf11 »

Pipcelot wrote: 09 February 2023, 14:54 I haven't gotten a warning for doing it and they did play slow and go over time (I am not reporting people for going over time once or twice, stuff happens - thus I did write ALMOST :) ) we are talking about repeated slow play, ignoring the fact that it's a timed event.
It would help if we could disallow UNDO, like when playing AZUL
Pip
Haven't yet doesn't mean you won't. Theres a penalty for time. Generally there's no report system for something that is already punished automatically. Also there's been hate in here on just taking time as well and not just going over. Taking time/going slow in itself isn't an issue. If they run out of time you are within your right to try and get then an abandon and move on.
TsPeacock

Post by TsPeacock »

Pipcelot wrote: 05 February 2023, 16:54 Would it be possible to have a faster speed setting for wingspan. I have so far put thumbs down on 20% of my opponents because they are too slow, but within the time limit allotted for fast speed. A good game players use between 8 to 12 minutes, a rare 14 minutes, but the speed settings for wingspan are not in sync with how fast a regular player plays. It would be very nice if these could be shortened with 30%, too actually ensure a fast game.
Pip
This is needed so much. So many people are multitasking and go away to do other things when it's not their turn and then come back to the game when they feel like it. It's also exasperating when they pay attention for a few turns and gain so much time back and then space out again. I'm so sick of slow pokes, but it seem impossible to find players for fast mode anymore because people want to click around and have a game going in the background. People should really be playing turn based if they want to do this.

Return to “Wingspan”