Translated 'word-games' are not actually translated

Русский перевод
dezm0n

Translated 'word-games' are not actually translated

Post by dezm0n »

For example: JustOne and Stella:Dixit universe. (Games that use some prewritten words from the list)
Both games are 100% 'translated' to Russian but you can't play it in Russian(or many other languages)
Because translated only useless tutorial text but not actual Words that game uses.
You can't even start the game if you only have only Russian selected in profile settings
I wanted to translate words, but i can't find that option in translation tab. Please tell me how i can help translate those games and make them playable.

For example game Concept is fully translated, words on cards are translated so you can play it in Russian.

Also minor complaint: if i do 'russian, english' in profile settings, Concept(and other similar games) automatically starts on English without any option to change words language. Only way to force it to start in Russian is to remove English from my languages option. Maybe it also uses your country info, i am not sure. Option to choose game language would be so much easier and clearer :)
Blacktango

Re: Translated 'word-games' are not actually translated

Post by Blacktango »

Hi,

The words used in this game (at least in Just On) can't be translated in the translation section of BGA, neither in Russian nor in any other languages.
You can read the tutorial in Russian, because the tutorial can be translated.

The words in the game are probably different in all their language versions, so adding a new language here is part of the game implementation (and not translation, then).

This is a good reason to suggest adding a new language (like you did!), especially if the material game has already been.
My post was just to give some explanations :)

Return to “Русский язык - ru”