Adrenaline

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Chris380

Adrenaline

Post by Chris380 »

How is the Adrenaline cube supposed to work?

It says you gain two grey spaces for every place advanced in the turn. But I just went from the back of the grid at the start, round all 3 cars in front, and then placed my green adrenaline cube and it only advanced me 1 grey space.

Before I raise a bug report I thought I would check if I've just used it wrong.

Thanks

Chris
Max Power 357

Re: Adrenaline

Post by Max Power 357 »

Actually the card says "Move 1 Lt.Grey space OR during your Car Phase move up to 2 Lt Grey for each position advanced". The Car Phase comes after the Action Phase, so (and I've not used the actual card/cube on BGA yet, so I'm guessing that it works this way) you must have to end your Action Phase and complete the Buy Phase. After this comes the Car Phase, your car moves on track, and then you'll have the option to play that green cube the way you had intended.

I'm currently in a turn based game w/this card, so if I can get in a position to confirm this (and no one else has answered your question) I let you know.

**I don't know if there is a PDF copy of the paper rule book online somewhere (this card is part of the "Racing Season" expansion) but if you can find one the rule book has some much longer and detailed descriptions of how the cards work. It might be worth a read.
Max Power 357

Re: Adrenaline

Post by Max Power 357 »

Yes, this cube does work correctly.

If you select the cube you'll be able to add it to the track, like any other gear cube, for one move during the action phase. However, if you look at the white menu bar above the track map it shows a button to use the "move during Car phase" option. Click here instead. The cube moves to the used pile instead of to the track. During the Car phase you'll get the option to move/use this cube.

You'll need to take into account that this movement will occur after you've completed the Action phase, Buy phase, and your car moves on track during the Car phase.....meaning if you ended your Action phase movement somewhere that you don't have the Lt.Grey spaces to continue moving you won't be able to. Also, keep in mind that the additional movement gained is a result of how many positions you ADVANCED during this turn, so if ya didn't pass anyone FOR POSITION this turn you might not be able to move and would be better off taking 1st option with this cube.

Return to “Automobiles”