Exact tie breaker

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Heraldson

Exact tie breaker

Post by Heraldson »

What exactly is a tie breaker? I lost one game by having more infantry units destroyed, so I thought it's units first, figures afterwards. But then this game https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=345663798 was called a draw by the same destroyed figures, yet I had destroyed more units in it - 7:8 infantry, 5:4 armor, 1:0 atrillery. Is the tie breaker described somewhere? I wasn't able to find it.
Jeronimon

Re: Exact tie breaker

Post by Jeronimon »

It usually is total figures, so inf armor arty combined.
Does that make sense for your games?
(It has done for mine)
Waikirikiri

Post by Waikirikiri »

Heraldson wrote: 15 February 2023, 21:50 What exactly is a tie breaker? I lost one game by having more infantry units destroyed, so I thought it's units first, figures afterwards. But then this game https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=345663798 was called a draw by the same destroyed figures, yet I had destroyed more units in it - 7:8 infantry, 5:4 armor, 1:0 atrillery. Is the tie breaker described somewhere? I wasn't able to find it.
And the end of both battles both sides had the same medal total and the same count of figures destroyed.
This is a draw.
Winn81

Post by Winn81 »

16-16 medals and 59-59 figures, so you're both winners!
"Do your best, have fun, and do not cry" -Major General Winn81
Champion: WW16, WW17, BGG 36, BEWOLF 3, BEWOLF 5, BGA 11, BGA 12, COOL 7, 5 x BoB, Jolt 4, US Open ‘23
Heraldson

Post by Heraldson »

My question was what is exact tiebreaker, because it's not written anywhere. So first medals, regardless if objectives or destroyed units, and then figures destroyed?
harmonius

Post by harmonius »

Yes first is medals: what you get on the border of ther board. It can be destroyed unit, escaped unit, objectiv medals.

Then if you have the same amount with the 2 games, then tie is computed on number of opponent fig you destroyed. All fig mixed. So usually, an arty unit gives one medal and two destroyed fig, tanks 3 figs and infantry 4 figs. The more you destroyed, the higher your tie breaker score.
(I think that medic card can reduce this score but not sure).

If still a tie then it's share victory. Which in bga can lead you and your opponent to loose/win points based on your ELO / arena points.

Hope it helps
Jeronimon

Post by Jeronimon »

Medics and mechanics has no influence on the number of destroyed figures in BGA.

We had a discussion about that on the forum here.
But I am to lazy to look for it now :mrgreen:
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Jeronimon wrote: 16 February 2023, 17:25 Medics and mechanics has no influence on the number of destroyed figures in BGA.

We had a discussion about that on the forum here.
But I am to lazy to look for it now :mrgreen:
It was a pretty intense debate, and the publisher had no opinion and told us to do however we wanted, so we kept it that way because we are lazy people :)
Heraldson

Post by Heraldson »

OK, thanks!
Greesy monkey

Post by Greesy monkey »

Winn81 wrote: 16 February 2023, 04:58 16-16 medals and 59-59 figures, so you're both winners!
I don't think this is entirely true.

Each of the players game stats seems to indicate it as a loss, rather than a win.

Return to “Memoir 44”