Quitting earlier

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
john0607

Quitting earlier

Post by john0607 »

I've now attempted to play two Crew turn based games, one with the original crew and one with this. In the original, someone left (and thus ending the game) after only two missions (1 attempt each). This one ended after one attempt at one mission. It is quite clear that these are supposed to be long term games so why join only to mess it up for everyone else. This is very selfish. If you aren't going to play, DON"T JOIN.
Fletcher_Jane

Re: Quitting earlier

Post by Fletcher_Jane »

I agree with what you are saying but BGA does not sufficiently warn players about the commitment this game requires. If you accept an invite to play The Crew you should know you are accepting a commitment that will last several months and possibly a year. I have played this game twice and it always takes over two months to complete with both players making several moves per day. Most games will take days and a couple will take over a week to complete. This is the only game I have played that takes months to complete. There is not an option to put this on hold and come back to it or play in smaller segments. Once you start you have to go through 33 rounds. Every time you fail you have to repeat the round. A round usually takes us about a day to complete and that's with both players playing multiple times a day. Each round consists of assigning challenges, and roughly a dozen hands. If you only make one move a day this game will easily take over a year to complete.
If you view how to play it says in Turn Based "played over several days". No. It takes months and months to complete if the host has selected "Full Campaign".
ZeroGameGamer

Post by ZeroGameGamer »

john0607 wrote: 18 February 2023, 10:25 I've now attempted to play two Crew turn based games, one with the original crew and one with this. In the original, someone left (and thus ending the game) after only two missions (1 attempt each). This one ended after one attempt at one mission. It is quite clear that these are supposed to be long term games so why join only to mess it up for everyone else. This is very selfish. If you aren't going to play, DON"T JOIN.
For me it's been the same user over and over. Every time I see their name I'm disappointed.
Joseph2302

Post by Joseph2302 »

ZeroGameGamer wrote: 15 November 2023, 13:28
john0607 wrote: 18 February 2023, 10:25 I've now attempted to play two Crew turn based games, one with the original crew and one with this. In the original, someone left (and thus ending the game) after only two missions (1 attempt each). This one ended after one attempt at one mission. It is quite clear that these are supposed to be long term games so why join only to mess it up for everyone else. This is very selfish. If you aren't going to play, DON"T JOIN.
For me it's been the same user over and over. Every time I see their name I'm disappointed.
You can give them a personal red thumb, and then you won't get matched with them again
I have red thumbed a lot of players who repeatedly quit after 1 or 2 missions without explanation, there's enough decent and respectful players out there
ZeroGameGamer

Post by ZeroGameGamer »

Thanks! Hadn't realized it would work like that. They are gone for me now.

Return to “The Crew: Mission Deep Sea”