Arena pts

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ChuckG68

Arena pts

Post by ChuckG68 »

Something really should be adjust with points won/lost, cuz I've won games dominantly but gotten 12pts then lose by 1pt but lose 18pts. The balance of reward/penalty just doesn't seem to make sense. If it is a comparison of ELO vs ELO or Rating vs Rating, then Arena should only put you with similar rated players.

......especially with supposed random dice rolls(total sarcasm)
sorryimlikethis

Re: Arena pts

Post by sorryimlikethis »

Arena points won/lost is based on your arena rating vs your opponents' arena ratings. ELO and margin of victory/loss are irrelevant for Catan and all games on Board Game Arena. If you beat lower rated arena players, expect to earn less. If you lose to lower rated arena players, expect to lose more. You can restrict who you play with in your automatic queue settings.
Advanced Settings - Opponent's Level. Restrict to only "My Level" and you will only play against other Elite League players.

As for random dice, if you're implying they are not random then surely you have noticed a pattern that you can exploit to your advantage? Unless you are saying they are specifically rigged against you... which is something BGA would totally do to stop your random account from winning too much.
ChuckG68

Re: Arena pts

Post by ChuckG68 »

Im guessing those options are only available to paying members/players as I don't have those types of options, but that is kinda what I would like to see with the "matching" done in Arena queing.

As for non-random dice/exploiting, I've tested it out with how the map/#s layout but to no avail as it will stick on a different pattern. Which of course is then a total antithesis to any success for me that game. So frustrating

I don't mind losing, just like to enjoy the game and feel all at the table had a chance, but that's not turning out to be the case.

Thanks for the input

Return to “Catan”