RAUHA: Make Rauha shine again!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
mamacass77

Re: RAUHA: Make Rauha shine again!

Post by mamacass77 »

My son and I played 2 player game last night. For a first play I have to say I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to getting a few more plays in before I decide if the physical version will hit our table. I could see this making it's way into my collection. Thanks for a great game!
kusti0152

Post by kusti0152 »

RAUHA means Peace in Finnish. Where is the problem?
Steeen

Re: RAUHA: Make Rauha great again!

Post by Steeen »

Nicholas_M wrote: 01 March 2023, 16:15
Rem Speedwagon wrote: 01 March 2023, 14:10 Game looks great, but not a fan of using a political dogwhistle for the article title....
I agree - that phrase is still very closely linked to hate speech in the United States. I imagine it was meant in a playful way, but for many audiences I think it will come across as a bit of an insensitive reference to some very recent, very painful world events
LOL! What? Make the game great again... Make America great again... How is that hate speech?? Sounds pretty optimistic and hopefull to me.
Lautresault

Post by Lautresault »

Do we have to play this game with tiny hands?
Cupcake007-A

Post by Cupcake007-A »

What is “Rauha” reference to? Maybe I’m naive or it’s just not a thing where I’m from.
I looked up the meaning online and it says ‘peace, harmony, calm’..?..
Don’t get what all the fuss is about.

I agree with the comment, let’s not read politics into everything.
If we all started griping and wanted to ‘cancel’ things that we find offensive, there would be nothing much left in this world.

If you don’t like the name, don’t play the game!
Cupcake007-A

Post by Cupcake007-A »

95chins wrote: 01 March 2023, 17:02
Rem Speedwagon wrote: 01 March 2023, 14:10 Game looks great, but not a fan of using a political dogwhistle for the article title....
I agree - that phrase is still very closely linked to hate speech in the United States. I imagine it was meant in a playful way, but for many audiences I think it will come across as a bit of an insensitive reference to some very recent, very painful world events
I agree too. I do not find the title amusing.
Don’t like the name, don’t play the game!
Not to mention majority of people don’t have a clue to what your referring too.
MrTici

Post by MrTici »

Cupcake007-A wrote: 05 March 2023, 07:19
95chins wrote: 01 March 2023, 17:02

I agree too. I do not find the title amusing.
Don’t like the name, don’t play the game!
Not to mention majority of people don’t have a clue to what your referring too.

they reduce everything to politics and their ideology, that s what they do
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

The complaints were not about the name of the game, but the phrase BGA used to announce it, in the title of this thread. It has since - thankfully, in my opinion - been changed. (But only one word, you can doubtless figure out from the context what the change was.) Although of course the damage is done because now the thread has degenerated into exactly the kind of radicalised politics that the should have no place on BGA.
Hbug80

Post by Hbug80 »

mats1316 wrote: 02 March 2023, 02:39 I know that the people demanding the title to be changed mean well, but it's just a title and it makes sense with the game thematically. It really shouldn't be an issue. If you don't want to make it a political issue, than simply don't make it a political issue. Just move on to the game page and you won't see the title anymore.
Agreed... seems silly to obsess about lol
Etamitlu

Post by Etamitlu »

Yikes.......why is everyone so soft?

Return to “Official announcements [en]”