#7 - Solo Challenge [March 2023] ENDED

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
RicardoRix

Re: #7 - Solo Challenge [March 2023] ACTIVE

Post by RicardoRix »

RIcardoRix 196 vs Automa 109

https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=356019596

Start with RL and 3 mines with Navigation * 2, and Science.
I tried scoring the round bonuses.
Really very tricky and long Round 6, difficult to know what to shoot for. Ended up with too many extra resources.
montybojangles

Post by montybojangles »

PhilAtLast wrote: 12 March 2023, 18:40 Terrible player hoping this thread will make me improve.
Definitely not terrible! The replays and hints are very useful for improving scores. But I'm sorry to say you need to do the challenge using the 'Automa of the month' button and the Random map. I've now reinforced this in the instructions.

The 'Automa of the month' button uses a specific 'seed' so that the tiles and automa deck start in the same positions and order. The seed is visible in the automa score panel. You can also use this seed to set up games playing other factions but with the same tile arrangement (put the number in the 'Custom seed' option), for example Bal'Taks vs Firaks.
PhilAtLast

Post by PhilAtLast »

I swear that is what I did and what I keep doing, but I keep ending up with a seed ending in 756 instead of 720. The directions don't seem very difficult - what could I possibly be missing?

Or, if nobody can figure that out, where is the custom seed option?
montybojangles

Post by montybojangles »

PhilAtLast wrote: 13 March 2023, 17:46 I keep ending up with a seed ending in 756 instead of 720. The directions don't seem very difficult - what could I possibly be missing?
Or, if nobody can figure that out, where is the custom seed option?
Hi, I can't replicate the error. And simply entering the seed won't give the same precise set-up. Have you fully quit or conceded the games you've tried setting up? (And closed your browser just in case there's some sort of caching issue?) If that doesn't work, I suggest submitting a bug report (from the same menu as quit/return to main website etc.) as one of the developers can probably look more closely at the code. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Good luck!
Heraklejski

Post by Heraklejski »

montybojangles: Perhaps someone will do a poll of favourite factions: not ranking them by powerful or easiest/most difficult to play, but the ones players enjoy the most. Good tech score!
Yeah, that's a great idea.
Dont know about you all, but there are some factions with whom I get nice scores and others I feel like I just cant figure out. Not sure if they are more powerful, or they just fit my gaming stile. For example, I prefer playing with Nevlas, Ivits, Talkons & Firaks, and I'm terrible with Lantids, Gleens, Hadsch Hallas, Geodens & Bal T'aks. You think its because they're more powerful?
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

montybojangles wrote: 13 March 2023, 19:34
PhilAtLast wrote: 13 March 2023, 17:46 Or, if nobody can figure that out, where is the custom seed option?
simply entering the seed won't give the same precise set-up.
I believe it will, provided you choose the same faction to play as. That seed determines the entire setup, regardless of whether you enter it manually or allow the UI to provide it for you.
montybojangles

Post by montybojangles »

Kayvon wrote: 14 March 2023, 00:29
montybojangles wrote: 13 March 2023, 19:34
PhilAtLast wrote: 13 March 2023, 17:46 Or, if nobody can figure that out, where is the custom seed option?
simply entering the seed won't give the same precise set-up.
I believe it will, provided you choose the same faction to play as. That seed determines the entire setup, regardless of whether you enter it manually or allow the UI to provide it for you.
Many thanks for clarifying, Kayvon.
The custom seed can be entered on the screen that comes after selecting 'Geodens', the automa difficulty screen.
PhilAtLast

Post by PhilAtLast »

Thank you both for your help. I'm starting to feel really stupid now, but where on that screen do I enter the seed number?

Thanks again!
montybojangles

Post by montybojangles »

PhilAtLast wrote: 14 March 2023, 15:39 Thank you both for your help. I'm starting to feel really stupid now, but where on that screen do I enter the seed number?

Thanks again!
No problem. There are two ways of starting the challenge:
  • Start the game with Random map selected >> Select the red 'Automa of the month (Geodens)' button >> Select the Automa difficulty >> Choose Nevlas.
  • Start the game with Random map selected >> Choose the Geodens faction card (as you would for a normal game) >> Set the custom seed (16776720 for this challenge), which is next to the heading 'Choose Automa Difficulty Level', and Select the Automa difficulty >> Choose Nevlas.
PhilAtLast

Post by PhilAtLast »

Perfect. Thank you!

Return to “Gaia Project”