Wood Harvester

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
davidc100

Wood Harvester

Post by davidc100 »

I played a Wood Harvester today .. I noticed that I only got paid the Wood and Food owed if there were crops coming off a field...does this mean that there is no "field phase" of a harvest if no crops are gathered ?
G-Mumz

Re: Wood Harvester

Post by G-Mumz »

This sounds like a bug. The rules clearly state that you progress through each phase of the harvest and that cards can trigger:
Harvest Time
Players feed their Family members during the Harvest, which occurs at the end of each
stage of the game (see Appendix, section 6) – that is, after rounds 4, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 14
(see game boards 2 and 3). The Harvest consists of three phases, which occur one after
another.

Harvest Phase 1: the field phase
Players remove 1 Grain or Vegetable token from each Sown field in their farmyard (see
Illustration) and place them in their personal supply. Players may also receive additional
Food from Occupation or Improvement cards that they have played
There are examples of cards that activate in the field phase that don't rely upon crops, such as Loom.

The bug probably wasn't noticed before because Wood Harvester is a terrible card that is never played.
davidc100

Re: Wood Harvester

Post by davidc100 »

Thanks for reply .. it made me look again and everything was fine .. you are right in that it isn't a good card - I played it after first harvest and during the game I received about 4 wood and 2 food.

Return to “Agricola”