Accept button for arena games

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Kurt Osis

Accept button for arena games

Post by Kurt Osis »

Can we get an accept button for arena games. Normal games have to be accepted by everyone before starting the game but arena games are different for some reason. Some ppl just queue and sometimes it takes a while to find 3 more players and once the game starts someone isn't there.
funkasdruck

Re: Accept button for arena games

Post by funkasdruck »

I have the same issue. My suggestion: automatically redirection. I lost a lot of games, because i didn't see the tiny notification and the sound alert doesn't work sometimes. Thank you BGA Team!!
el cosimo

Post by el cosimo »

Kurt Osis wrote: 03 March 2023, 00:04 Can we get an accept button for arena games. Normal games have to be accepted by everyone before starting the game but arena games are different for some reason. Some ppl just queue and sometimes it takes a while to find 3 more players and once the game starts someone isn't there.
Nope will bring more cheaters in the game
Flendurs

Post by Flendurs »

Cheater?
Remkar

Post by Remkar »

Flendurs wrote: 06 September 2023, 11:41Cheater?
This is not Wizard specific, just fyi, Arena games are run the same way across all of BGA, so this type of discussion would likely be better in the main discussion forum, and not in a specific game thread as the it can't be changed for an individual game anyway.

The "cheater" reference is that in Arena, the whole point is random matchmaking. If you give people the ability to accept or not, then they can do a few things:

1 - avoid players they don't want to play (high ranked players that will likely beat them in a game of higher skill, or low ranked players that could steal too many points in a game of mostly luck as a couple examples)
2 - seek out random players they DO want to play (the opposite of above)
3 - create multiple accounts (or use friends) and attempt to play their own accounts to artificially boost themselves (people already attempt to do this in many games on here, and adding an accept button will make it infinitely easier to pull it off).

So I assume the "bringing cheaters" reference is mostly referring to #3 above, but each of the above cases allows people to artificially circumvent random arena matchmaking.

Return to “Wizard”