All cards allowing to move supply cubes from rightmost column

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Phoxtrot

All cards allowing to move supply cubes from rightmost column

Post by Phoxtrot »

I know off
- Tau Ceti
- Ross 155

Are there any others ?
In particular, are there any that allow to move more than one cube ?

I'm asking because I find the illustration a bit confusing and the French translation even more.
Tau ceti only allows to move one but the French text implies that you can move more than one and while the original text does seem to imply just one it's not 100% without ambiguity either.

So, if each of the cards that allow to move cube(s) from the rightmost column, actually only allow to move 1 cube then I'll change the French translation to remove the confusing plural.
Mogri

Re: All cards allowing to move supply cubes from rightmost column

Post by Mogri »

Android Rights Movement and Epsilon Indi have "Move the rightmost 2 to any Supply Column(s) of your choice," but that's a different message. The message used on Tau Ceti and Ross 155 is "Move the rightmost ${num}[SUPPLY] to Supply Column ${col}" -- in theory, this supports any number, but in practice, that number is always 1.

I would support changing the French translation. While you're there, check if Mass Cloning is still "Clonage de Masse" instead of "Clonage en Masse" -- I've been arguing from the beginning that it's mistranslated. (You're cloning en masse, not cloning mass.)
Phoxtrot

Post by Phoxtrot »

Mogri wrote: 14 March 2023, 16:54 Android Rights Movement and Epsilon Indi have "Move the rightmost 2 to any Supply Column(s) of your choice," but that's a different message. The message used on Tau Ceti and Ross 155 is "Move the rightmost ${num}[SUPPLY] to Supply Column ${col}" -- in theory, this supports any number, but in practice, that number is always 1.

I would support changing the French translation. While you're there, check if Mass Cloning is still "Clonage de Masse" instead of "Clonage en Masse" -- I've been arguing from the beginning that it's mistranslated. (You're cloning en masse, not cloning mass.)
After verification, the name used in the official French rules is "Clonage de Masse"... (page 23)
Mogri

Post by Mogri »

Oh, really? Weird choice.

Return to “Beyond the Sun”