Restrict spectators

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Ranja

Restrict spectators

Post by Ranja »

Is is possible to disallow spectators from your table?
When playing with friends I like to use the video chat function, but rather do not have strangers spectating.
GeraldineMerida

Re: Restrict spectators

Post by GeraldineMerida »

Spectators can't participate in voice/video chats, just watch your moves and read/type in the chat box.

That can't be disallowed but of course you can prevent specific people spectating in future through red thumbs.

BGA wants players to be able to learn by watching actual gameplay.
cigma

Post by cigma »

If I remeber right, there also is a checkmark near the name of the spectator. If you click on it, you kick the spectator.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

I believe that would actually red-thumb the spectator, which may not be what you want (or at least you may want to remove the red thumb after the game).
Ranja

Post by Ranja »

GeraldineMerida wrote: 14 March 2023, 21:54 Spectators can't participate in voice/video chats, just watch your moves and read/type in the chat box.
When you say they can't participate in voice/video chat, does it mean they can't see/hear us either? Cause that's my only concern.
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

Ranja wrote: 23 March 2023, 17:16
GeraldineMerida wrote: 14 March 2023, 21:54 Spectators can't participate in voice/video chats, just watch your moves and read/type in the chat box.
When you say they can't participate in voice/video chat, does it mean they can't see/hear us either? Cause that's my only concern.
Yes, they cannot participate in voice/video chat in any way.
Blacktango

Post by Blacktango »

Actually, spectators can talk in the chat.
That’s why they can’t see the private information of the game (like the card in the hand of the players).

Maybe there are restrictions to allow them to talk, which I don’t know about. Ex :
- have a friend playing the game?
- be premium?
- not be red thumb by anyone in the table?
Ranja

Post by Ranja »

Thanks everybody!

Return to “Discussions”