Issues w Azul

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Northwoods Newbie

Issues w Azul

Post by Northwoods Newbie »

I play a few diff games on this site but only Azul continually has problems... very slow to respond, freezes up, etc. Does anyone else experience similar? And if so, how do you fix as the site states there are no tech issues. My karma really sucks at the moment thru no fault of my own. I hate doing this to other players. :(
thoun

Re: Issues w Azul

Post by thoun »

Have you tried with another browser or using private mode ? To see it the issue comes from the browser cache or not.
Northwoods Newbie

Thoun, thank you. That seemed to work BUT my time still drops drastically into the negative. I am NOT playing slow. Any idea why that is? I was just playing a game, went into the red and everyone seemed fine w me continuing to play until the very end. Then, realizing I was going to win, I was expelled. Not only dirty but my Karma is now even further into the crapper. I’ll be lucky if anyone will play with me and I love this game! Maybe I should find a new game that’s similar. Suggestions?
cigma

Post by cigma »

Northwoods Newbie wrote: 21 March 2023, 00:51 Thoun, thank you. That seemed to work BUT my time still drops drastically into the negative. I am NOT playing slow. Any idea why that is? I was just playing a game, went into the red and everyone seemed fine w me continuing to play until the very end. Then, realizing I was going to win, I was expelled. Not only dirty but my Karma is now even further into the crapper. I’ll be lucky if anyone will play with me and I love this game! Maybe I should find a new game that’s similar. Suggestions?
- If you still have time problems, you can play turn-based instead of realtime.

- To build up Karma, play some very short games (for each game finished without penality, your Karma rises +1), like Can't stop, Lucky numbers, Piraten kapern, Martian Dice, No thanks, 99 (Addition game), Butterfly. They all have tutorials to teach you.

- There is no game really like Azul, but perhaps you might try some other tile placing games like Carcassonne, Loco Momo, Copenhagen, Patchwork, Lucky numbers, My Shelfie, Uptown, Flaming pyramids. They also all have tutorials.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
Carolinemgm

Post by Carolinemgm »

You should consider playing turn-based if you have connection issues.
Bayne2023

Post by Bayne2023 »

Why does this version not allow us to split excess tiles we pick up amongst separate rows? If I pick up four same-design tiles from the center and have the 3 spot and 1 spot available to fill, why does it only allow you to fill one row here??
thoun

Post by thoun »

Bayne2023 wrote: 22 March 2023, 06:46 Why does this version not allow us to split excess tiles we pick up amongst separate rows? If I pick up four same-design tiles from the center and have the 3 spot and 1 spot available to fill, why does it only allow you to fill one row here??
Because that's the rule ;)
Northwoods Newbie

Cigma, THANK YOU for all the suggestions. I should’ve clarified, I was playing on a very old iPad. Will be upgrading to the new one I just purchased this weekend. Hopefully that’ll resolve the issues and in the meantime I’ll play some of those games you mentioned cause this karma rep sucks :(
thoun

Post by thoun »

On an old iPad, you can disable tiles shimmer effect, it's just visual and it can slow down a slow device.
beckyboooo

Post by beckyboooo »

How do I change the number of players

Return to “Azul”