Please delete, thank you

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
HRG_Surplus

Please delete, thank you

Post by HRG_Surplus »

There is no way to contact you, BGA to report a player. I have substantial evidence and there is no way to provide this. Also according to your Code of Conduct there is a conflict in your rules. Within the code of conduct (COC) it states " You should not run out of time on the game clock." That is the first line in the COC. The second line states " Leave a game in progress on purpose." is not allowed. That contradicts certain circumstances and there is no where to provide proof of evidence that can show that I am not in the wrong. I will provide the portion of the COC on this message. Including substantial evidence showing that I shouldn't be penalized.

So I entered a tournament for Cribbage on 03/16/2023. Since that time until today we only made like 10 moves between us by playing a card. So after review of all the timestamps of when the opponent made actions. The most activity occurred around 5 to 6 am in the morning. So I stayed up all nigh to 6 am CST just to play a round. Because I don't want to wake up just to play a game with the opponent for a non-cash tournament. Not to mention we are still on the first set of the bracket. And if I didn't stay up to 6 am CST today we would never been able to play a full round. This is supposed to be fun. But now it's more fun since I have to provide arguments and evidence like I am in a court proceeding which is more fun than playing the game in my opinion. Which is sad in itself. It should be more fun playing the game than to write an extensive post in the forums.

Now I have the evidence listed as 1A, showing that I tried on 3 separate days to schedule a time so we can play this game and continue with the tournament. Now the opponent never responded to me in chat to find a common ground to play. i will never play a tournament on this platform again since, like I said before the rules conflict with line 1 to line 2 and vice-versa. The opponent is playing slowly on purpose so my time runs out. Then your platform will nix my reputation due to my time will run out and that will penalize me without me providing substantial evidence to prove otherwise.

I tried to report the player however your system prevents me and states that I could be penalized and be reprimanded due to falsifying the report potentially. So this makes it a double edge sword. If I continue the game and my time runs out due to the player is never on when I am on. I will be reprimanded due to my time will run out. But I can't leave the game and report the player or again, I get reprimanded if the player didn't do anything against the COC. It's a lose lose this way. This is the environment that you had made. Since players will take the rules and twist it and use it as a weapon. You can weaponized the COC, can you believe that? I can't believe that. This player is essence using the COC as a weapon against me just to win the tournament.

So if I don't leave and continue playing the game. My time will run out and I will be reprimanded without able to challenge it as an uncontrolled resolution for completion for the game in the tournament. I wouldn't be upset but since my time limit is almost 24 hours left and we are just beginning the second game with my time limit being at 25 hours left is quite concerning. It's a time crunch situation at this point.

So per closing, your Code of Conduct will harm me no matter if I am in the right or wrong. The opponent can weaponized the COC to win a tournament. Since you will penalize me as a player even after multiple fail attempts of a resolution with the opponent. As I provided the substantial proof below showing evidence on my argument.

Thank you for your time and here is all the evidence to support my claim.
Conflict of Code of Conduct
Conflict of Code of Conduct
codeofconduct.JPG (53.3 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
1A Part 1 evidence
1A Part 1 evidence
chat part 1.JPG (162.91 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
1A Part 2 evidence
1A Part 2 evidence
1A part 2.JPG (169.8 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
Last edited by HRG_Surplus on 26 March 2023, 10:24, edited 1 time in total.
pedrocampolina

Re: Can't properly report a player that is using the code of conduct as a weapon to win a tournament

Post by pedrocampolina »

The report system of BGA is terrible and they almost don't have mods. Everything is done with a bot and if you need support you will not get it. Honestly, Just wait for the opponent to run out of time and drop him from the game. Or simple concede the game and move on with your life. Don't count with the BGA staff for anything, they are not here to help their costumers.

Remember this when renewing your premium. I surely will.

*Moderator edit. Please be aware of the Code of Conduct on BGA when posting in the Forums. You have been moderated.:
On Board Game Arena, it is absolutely forbidden to:
Trolling, admin-bashing, moderator-bashing, empty critiques or defamation.
Breaking these rules can lead to the removal of your account and/or a ban from the website.
RobertBr

Re: Can't properly report a player that is using the code of conduct as a weapon to win a tournament

Post by RobertBr »

HRG_Surplus wrote: 23 March 2023, 14:31 But now it's more fun since I have to provide arguments and evidence like I am in a court proceeding which is more fun than playing the game in my opinion.
Nobody is making you do this, you are choosing to. Take a deep breath and a long hard look in a mirror. You have provided enough data that anyone can see you and your opponent are beginners (you both have 100 Elo, the minimum level required to enter a tournament). You have run into a well known and genuinely difficulty problem to resolve, how do you deal with turn based tournaments if the players operate in radically different time zones. This is a real problem but no code of conduct is being broken, no-one is trying to take advantage of you, and nothing bad is going to happen because you couldn't finish one tournament game. There are mitigating actions, you can take care to only enter tournaments with long time or which limit playing hours (or both) or you can play real-time tournaments where everyone agrees to be online at a certain time, though the problem is never entirely eliminated; sometimes the game will time out and you will probably lose as you have significantly less time left on the clock, but it is only a game.

This is not an issue that anyone should be reported for, and the forum is not a place to do so (and the moderators may take a dim view of your doing so).
HRG_Surplus

Post by HRG_Surplus »

I am going to delete this post soon. Turns out the player is doing over 80 turn based games at the same time. That explains everything.
Lotus Blossom

Post by Lotus Blossom »

I don't know about the particular circumstances of the individual in question, but I never enter real time games because I know I cannot guarantee being around for any set amount of time to finish a game. This is why I only play turn-based. I do occasionally get people asking me if I'll be available to play more, but I always decline politely for the above reason. I never run out of time. If you want to play more quickly, enter real time games, don't place the blame on players who have chosen turn-based games and not run out of time.
Kaladry

Post by Kaladry »

If you didn’t already know, you can change your settings to get an email when it is your turn in a turn based game. I do that for tournaments since I’m more likely to check my emails multiple times a day and then know to come here and play. It’s really helped with me not running out of time in games.

Return to “Discussions”