'Play Now' stop the scrolling suggestion...

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Chucklepie

'Play Now' stop the scrolling suggestion...

Post by Chucklepie »

Hello,
I don't know about anyone else, but when you select 'play now', even when you select your core favourite games, there is a dizzying amount of scrolling, regardless of sort order, making it near impossible to have more than 1 or 2 games in the expanded list. Even then everything jumps around.

I'm not a UX/UI designer but there must be a better way to provide the list of games without turning 'join' or 'quit' into a whack-a-mole. Maybe insted of the full width boxes with expanding sizes for each table being added/removed, a fixed size tiles in a flexi-grid layout, so you could easily fit 4 or 5 across the page and 2 or 3 down and if the table got too busy add some inline scrolling - Tile as in rectangular block (akin to a playing card) with a fixed width/height.
dhnyny

Re: 'Play Now' stop the scrolling suggestion...

Post by dhnyny »

I couldn't agree more. To make it worse, if you try to click the Join button (which is often a moving target) and miss by even one pixel you get taken out of the lobby as if you had clicked the View button (but you didn't), making it that much harder to join a table.
yfimc

Post by yfimc »

I have this problem too. It's so difficult to join a game when the join button is moving around. I often end up accidentally clicking the button to start my own game because the join button has moved. And then when I try to leave it complains because I haven't opened the game. And when I finally get back to the lobby, the table I wanted to join is full.

Is there a new lobby coming? I have noticed there is a new table screen (access when you suggest to play again from the end game screen) as well as the old table screen (access from play now lobby).
nik592

Post by nik592 »

Games can be started from individual game pages - this is the new lobby, so you can use that if you prefer. Play Now will be staying as the old lobby for the moment as far as I understand (and some of us far prefer that).
yfimc

Post by yfimc »

interesting ok. i play a lot of deep sea crew but the wait is so long sometimes i end up looking at other games. seems like the game based lobby will be more tedious for considering multiple games to play
nik592

Post by nik592 »

yfimc wrote: 04 December 2023, 05:50 interesting ok. i play a lot of deep sea crew but the wait is so long sometimes i end up looking at other games. seems like the game based lobby will be more tedious for considering multiple games to play
Correct. Being able to queue for multiple games (or see what multiple games have tables available) is one of the reasons some people prefer the old style lobby.
Silene

Post by Silene »

Chucklepie wrote: 23 March 2023, 22:17[...]there must be a better way to provide the list of games without turning 'join' or 'quit' into a whack-a-mole.
lol, this comparison made my day :D
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.

Return to “Discussions”