How is the evacuation board selected

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
MatthewT123

How is the evacuation board selected

Post by MatthewT123 »

I’ve played a couple of games so far and am really impressed with the adaption. Each time I play though I end up with an unexpected evacuation condition. The games have had free choice and both are shown at the start when choosing a leader, but I can’t work out how to select the one I want or how my selection is shown. Any tips gratefully received.
Ondonande

Re: How is the evacuation board selected

Post by Ondonande »

Randomly, as written in the rulebook p.6 point 13.
It's imho a very strange design choice considering game length and depth and the impact/relevance of the evacuation goal for the game.
I would welcome very much a choice in that matter on BGA...
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

The evacuation requirement is at the bottom of the A or B path card, as Ondonande indicated. Specific, not random.
poptasticboy

Post by poptasticboy »

gwgardner wrote: 29 March 2023, 15:46 The evacuation requirement is at the bottom of the A or B path card, as Ondonande indicated. Specific, not random.
But the path board is (correctly) assigned to you as A or B at random. It is independent of the symmetric A/asymmetric B boards. The path board is not required to match your main player board.

Return to “Anachrony”