Pattern F is great

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Romain672

Pattern F is great

Post by Romain672 »

Hi,
I played a few games with masters, and I still believe most of them make something I consider to be a (small) mistake.

When having the below hand, doing the green thing is better for me. Playing that last tile the 'normal way' will create three unique path III, which isn't good.

On the other hand doing this create two II, and one F. And F are extremely valuable, because many of the other tiles can be played on it. You can see on the left most of the tiles which goes nicely on it. And most of them are not easy to use.

Note that in some bad cases, you can create a 3-way trap.

So rarely it will backfire to you, but often, you will be able to play one or two complicated tiles on it.

I added that part to the strategy guide, but really, try to do more pattern F, even if you disagree with it, do it when you already have too many I on the board, since having differents pattern is better.
Attachments
bandidotip5.jpg
bandidotip5.jpg (194.3 KiB) Viewed 818 times
LEDave2020

Re: Pattern F is great

Post by LEDave2020 »

I'd never do that, you're just asking for someone to close the single end on the right and the game is totally over!
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

LEDave2020 wrote: 27 March 2023, 12:08I'd never do that, you're just asking for someone to close the single end on the right and the game is totally over!
Wanted to answer nicely but what?
You close the end on the right, and on the rare case your teammate got nothing good, you still got another exit top.

I think you really overestimate the cases where this is bad. See all the tiles I put in orange in my picture? It's for most of them annoying tiles, and they can be played on my pattern.

I checked all cards at the bottom of my post, I got from cards with 3+ exits: 18 excellents, 3good, 6average, 6meh, 12bad, 12 three-way trap, 3 two-way trap.
33 good, 9 neutral, 18 bad.
But remember you kinda have a 6-sized hand, and in many cases can wait some more turns, which can give you often ~10 cards possible.

Telling "I'd never do that" or "I will always do that" just look totally wrong.
If you want to improve but still think what I propose is bad, just do it when you got lots of single exits. When it's the case, adding more single exit decrease a lot in value. So doing differents patterns like that one is great.
Or... Just try it. If you never try something new, you will not see differents playstyle.

Let me look at this picture: https://imgur.com/XtgLkwO .
Excellent=great, is far better than usual play (18)
Good=better than usual play (3)
Average=Identical to usual play (6)
Meh=Can be played without risk, is worst than usual play (6)
Bad=Can cause of loss if it's the only pattern left, which is not usually the case (12)
3-way trap: can be played to create a good safe trap (12)
2-way trap: can be played to create a meh safe trap (3)

- left bed: meh
- right bed: excellent
- facebook: excellent
- twitter: average
- crosses: good
- left thorns: excellent
- right thorns: 3-way trap
- bench: excellent
- Hs: bad
- left bear: meh
- righ bear: excellent
- left Js: bad but meh if there is another single exit
- right Js: bad but meh if there is another single exit
- Ts: bad
- left branches: average / 3-way trap
- right branches: 3-way trap
- left fauchets: 3-way trap
- right faucets: excellent
- 2-way tiles: average if there is another single exit
- X-torches: excellent
- Y-torches: 3-way trap
- I-torches / L-torches: 2-way trap
- J-torches: can't be played
- T-Torches: bad
LEDave2020

Post by LEDave2020 »

How many games have you played / won :lol: :lol: :lol:
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

LEDave2020 wrote: 07 February 2024, 17:35 How many games have you played / won :lol: :lol: :lol:
My stats tell you nothing because:
- solo games doesn't count into that
- i did lots of experimentations solo, with weird strategy to see what is bad and good, and only keep what i though was good
- i played very high skill cap strategy which require full focus but sometimes i'm just tired/don't want to think that much, but still got fun doing those strategies
- i got a 100 winstreak solo

And your post are one line long, you are not discussing, you are staying in your beliefs and don't try to improve/discuss so...
And again your first post is just non sense, you are making fun of me for no reason and you are wrong since you exagerate things.

Return to “Bandido”