EARTH: Wind and fire?

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

EARTH: Wind and fire?

Post by DrClick »

...But you do not have to wait till September!

Earth, the soil that supports and sustains our beautiful planet. Over thousands of years of evolution and adaptation the flora and fauna of this unique planet have grown and developed into amazing life forms, creating symbiotic ecosystems and habitats.

It is time to jump into these rich environments and create some amazing natural synergies that replicate and extrapolate on Earth’s amazing versatility and plethora of natural resources. Create a self-supporting engine of growth, expansion, and supply where even your unused plants become compost for future growth.

The game begins before the starting hand has even been drafted. Players will receive an Island, Climate, and Ecosystem card during set-up. Using these double-sided cards, each player sows their strategy by selecting one side of the card to place face-up in their play area.

The combination of these three cards introduces asymmetry to the game by providing variable starting resources, bonus abilities, and unique end-game scoring objectives.

How does it play?
On their turn, the active player will choose one of four different actions, reaping their major benefits, while all other players welcome the minor benefit.

Subsequently, all players activate any cards on their player-board and in their tableau, which match the color of the chosen action.

Players continue taking actions, arranging their Island, sowing Plants, and developing Terrains to attract elusive Fauna, and unlock the scoring bonuses of diverse Ecosystems.
Once a player has added a sixteenth card to their 4×4 tableau, they earn a completion bonus and trigger the end of the game.

All players will tally the victory points they earned from completing Ecosystems, reaching Fauna objectives, Composting cards, gaining Plant cubes, Growth pieces, for their Plant and Terrain values, and for Events played. The player with the most victory points wins!

Earth is an open world engine builder for 1 to 5 players with simple rules but tons of strategic possibilities. With its encyclopedic nature and the enormous number of unique cards and combinations, every single game will allow you to discover new synergies and connections, just as our vast and fascinating world allows us to do!

There is a lot going on here and you can discover everything about the game by clicking this link to the game page:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=earth

It's huge, and it's all thanks to the team of Inside Up Games and the game designer Maxime Tardif that you can now play it on your favorite platform.
But the MVP here is the developer, bennygui, that developed the whole game for Board Game Arena.
They all deserves kudos and love for this.

That's a big release for today's Wednesday Release Time, and that's it for this week!
Play fair and take care... and please, share!
See you next week for more amazing titles on BGA.
AmassGamesYouTube

Re: EARTH: Wind and fire?

Post by AmassGamesYouTube »

I wondered if it might be out the day backers got it
DaddyKiki69

Post by DaddyKiki69 »

Great game and amazing implementation!
geriatricstone

Post by geriatricstone »

SUPER GREAT GAME!!! its hard implementation but definitely enjoyable.
clarkkent1337

Post by clarkkent1337 »

can someone explain the reference in the title to me? what about Wind and fire and waiting till September? Is it from a Song or something?
veggivet

Post by veggivet »

clarkkent1337 wrote: 29 March 2023, 14:52 can someone explain the reference in the title to me? what about Wind and fire and waiting till September? Is it from a Song or something?
It was one of Earth, Wind and Fire's biggest hit songs back in the day...
JackNapis

Post by JackNapis »

clarkkent1337 wrote: 29 March 2023, 14:52 can someone explain the reference in the title to me? what about Wind and fire and waiting till September? Is it from a Song or something?
I guess you don't remember the 21st night of September... ;)
Lianne112

Post by Lianne112 »

I played the board game yesterday and now I see it's here as well. Can't wait to try.
AmassGamesYouTube wrote: 29 March 2023, 13:16 I wondered if it might be out the day backers got it
I got mine about two weeks ago.
Darkling36

Post by Darkling36 »

A great game that’s quickly becoming my favorite implementation of this particular game type. Unlike in other similar games the moves of the other players matter much more, and matter in a way that isn’t consistently oppositional. The engine building feels good and ends at just the right point. And while I have cards I like more than others I can’t say that I’ve found any that are just unbalanced since a lot comes back to how often the table takes a given action and what else you draw to pair it with.

And the implementation is phenomenal. Given all the components and the size of the board I did not expect to be able to fluidly play it on mobile. But I can, and it’s definitely one of the smoothest game experiences I’ve had on the site. 7 stars all around.
Pipernation22

Post by Pipernation22 »

BGA gave me the chance to get a head start on this game. Love this website and if you're wondering if I love this game you can check out my review here :)

https://youtu.be/MjQRyLZeMqQ

Return to “Official announcements [en]”