[April fools' day] ShyChat: No more shy when playing on BGA thanks to OpenAI

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Shobu

Re: ShyChat: No more shy when playing on BGA thanks to OpenAI

Post by Shobu »

DrClick wrote: 31 March 2023, 16:33 Thanks to the support of our parent company Asmodee
Finally it made the front page! there's still time for a proper announcement :)
Kodama Mumia Smedley

Post by Kodama Mumia Smedley »

March 31st fools? Perhaps it depends from which geography it was posted? And not every society across the globe has an April Fools Day (- or do they?). Your way is not necessarily superior to everyone elses'. (Melodrama. ((But true)) Chill!)

On a serious note, most things that are called Artificial Intelligence really aren't anyway. That robot vacuum cleaner, things such as voice activated-voice responding internet search engines, and self-driving cars are not. They are complex toys. But don't take my word for it.

That said, I typically don't use chat anyway. I certainly never initiate conversation with people I never met. I'm just here to play games. People play how they play. If someone else makes a game move I woulda done different, perhaps they have a different strategy?
Soleia

Post by Soleia »

lol But what if I want this to not be an April Fool's joke? Can it have an especially salty reply to people who ask you to hurry up when you're well within the allotted time to take your turn? :D
magicknight

Post by magicknight »

You got me :lol:
andreajoyce

Post by andreajoyce »

11/10
PhilipKDick

Post by PhilipKDick »

JammesDean wrote: 31 March 2023, 17:46 Was definitely written by a human. Probably up late because there are quite a few grammar errors :/
Some critics need to heed their own admonitions. For example, those who post sentence fragments. ;)
Desete

Post by Desete »

Need to edit: "made at you" to "mad at you" .

Just trying to help.

ol guy
Elkstone

Post by Elkstone »

I thought April Fools stuff was supposed to be funny.
vigorousRoll

Post by vigorousRoll »

It WAS an early announcement,,,about 18-24 hours before BGA customarily posts its annual April Fool's Day joke.

If you were to go back and comb through past Fool's Day threads, i bet you could count on one hand the number of replies that complained about the Joke being posted late. This year...you'd need about 4-5 pages just to hold all the "Early" queries.

It was still festive....just like opening your presents on Dec. 23 would still kinda be festive.
JasonWS

Post by JasonWS »

So I'm guessing this is an April Fool's joke? In any case, it would be awesome if you could work on chat translation to your language preference, and OpenAI could be a good resource for that.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”