Progress implementation

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Saibababa

Progress implementation

Post by Saibababa »

I noticed that the progress in this game is stuck at 0%.
This means that if the opponent is disconnected and the game is left unattended, the winner's rate will not be obtained, so I would like to implement it.
For example, since there are only 35 moves in this game at most, I think many people would be satisfied with an implementation that increases the progress by 100/35=2.86% for each move.
Jellby

Re: Progress implementation

Post by Jellby »

It also means it's impossible to concede, because that's only allowed after 50%.
megamau

Post by megamau »

That is more of a site bug, as resignation should be allowed at any stage (and also in tournaments) in 2 player abstract games.
ufm

Post by ufm »

megamau wrote: 03 April 2023, 08:14 That is more of a site bug, as resignation should be allowed at any stage (and also in tournaments) in 2 player abstract games.
This is a game bug as developers can decide how to calculate their own games' progress %.
Also, conceding restriction should remain, as <50% resignation be abused too easily and developers can solve the issue without allowing it.
Last edited by ufm on 03 April 2023, 12:12, edited 3 times in total.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

I think megamau means that the fact that you can only resign at 50% or more is a site bug. That's not a bug, it's a design decision that you may disagree with, but it's intentional. Bugs are unintentional.
megamau

Post by megamau »

I think megamau means that the fact that you can only resign at 50% or more is a site bug. That's not a bug, it's a design decision that you may disagree with, but it's intentional. Bugs are unintentional.
While technically you are right, there is a threshold where a design decision is so bad that it might as well be a bug.

I guess the site leadership never played tournaments of abstract games (Chess, Checkers, Go, Hex, etc.) otherwise they would understand how meaningless banning resignation in tournaments is.

Return to “Hokito”