More info requested on why I can't play in certain spaces.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Natus

More info requested on why I can't play in certain spaces.

Post by Natus »

The current build of Architects is a thing of beauty, but I'm having a lot of trouble discerning why I can't do a certain action. In most games on BGA, if you want to take an action but don't have the resources or pre-requisites, the interface will tell you. Not here...you simply can't play in that area, leading to quite a bit of puzzlement, at least in my anecdotal case. My main complaint is focused on the Guidhall and Cathedral spaces. There may be many reasons why a player can't play into the Guildhall, but the game doesn't tell you.

Tangentially related, the game is inconsistent about informing players when they have few or no meeples left. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't, and the penalty isn't fun.
jooice

Re: More info requested on why I can't play in certain spaces.

Post by jooice »

Yeah I was quite puzzled the first time the guildhall blocked me out ( I had gained a free apprentice hire and stupidly got rid of my only hammer, even though I needed it for the building I built my whole strategy around, and i had the resources for).

The other reason you can't build the cathedral is if you are too low in virtue. That is basically it.

As for the last worker notification, it always worked well until my recent game where suddenly on my next turn I discovered I needed tp pull one back. as you said, not a fun discovery.

Return to “Architects of the west kingdom”