Incorrect scoring of green end-of-round goals for tied players

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
dukepuccini

Incorrect scoring of green end-of-round goals for tied players

Post by dukepuccini »

Before opening a bug request, I wanted to check this here on the forum.

The rules state (page 11):

"If players tie, place both cubes on the tied place, and do not award the next place. At game end, you will add the points for
that place and the next place(s), then divide by the number of players who tied and round down (4th place scores 0 points).

For example, when using the goal that scores 5, 2, or 1 points, if two players tie for 1st place, each gets 3 points (5 + 2 divided by 2 players, rounded down). Do not award 2nd place to another player."

In the current BGA implementation, in the above example from the rulebook, tied players both get 5 points, instead of 3 points each.

This leads to overinflated scores in BGA games. Does everyone agree that this issue should be fixed?
bananasplay

Re: Incorrect scoring of green end-of-round goals for tied players

Post by bananasplay »

dukepuccini wrote: 06 April 2023, 09:41 In the current BGA implementation, in the above example from the rulebook, tied players both get 5 points, instead of 3 points each.
I've seen a lot of ties at end of round but have never seen the tied players get full points each. Got a table number where we can verify your claim?
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
dukepuccini

Re: Incorrect scoring of green end-of-round goals for tied players

Post by dukepuccini »

I've seen a lot of ties at end of round but have never seen the tied players get full points each. Got a table number where we can verify your claim?
You are right, my mistake. For some reason I was under the impression that full points were awarded, but it is not the case.

Return to “Wingspan”