Don't Understand Blind Nil

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
PuzzledGuy

Don't Understand Blind Nil

Post by PuzzledGuy »

I'm confused by Blind Nil - when you are able to make this bid. We had "Blind Nil with Passing" selected. Late in the game was the first time it was even an option to be played. What causes the Blind Nil bid to be available?
All7Pangaea

Re: Don't Understand Blind Nil

Post by All7Pangaea »

You have to be losing by the double value of nill to bid it. However passing 2 cards turns the game into total slop because it changes 4 tricks out of the 13 making it a huge disadvantage to the team in the lead. 1 blind nill could turn into a 300 point change in the score in one hand easily just by passing the two cards plus the extra 100 points.

I strongly suggest the developer of the Spades makes it a 1 card pass. That actually would make it fun where a 2 card pass the blind nill is a given and might as well just give the team behind by 200 free 200 points and play a normal hand.

Hope that helps with how it works. Blind nill with no passing cards or 1 passing card in my opinion is fine and can be fun. But the 2 card passing is pointless if one likes to play strategically.
Phosrik

Post by Phosrik »

I like blind nil as an option to give a team that is getting crushed a way to get back in the game. But the reward has to equal the risk so I don't like the passing option.
happyisaak

Post by happyisaak »

It would be awesome to have a BN with passing 1 card option!
All7Pangaea

Post by All7Pangaea »

definitely

Return to “Spades”