Who would like this suggestion to be implemented?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
asp3

Who would like this suggestion to be implemented?

Post by asp3 »

I love Gizmos for the most part but am tired of having an opponent win by getting either the two add unused power or add the ticket amount cards. I'm wondering if anyone else would want the option to only allow one 7 point card of each type or just allow one 7 point card.

For me that would take some of the luck out of the game and make it a little bit more even.

Although I haven't started doing this yet I'm going to stop using both 7 point cards of the same type in a game.
Lady_Bluerose

Re: Who would like this suggestion to be implemented?

Post by Lady_Bluerose »

It's not a rule of the actual game
WiAiC

Post by WiAiC »

Not sure which cards are those, but nope... removing some cards doens't help much. This game is no doubt a very luck depending game. Those high ranking and always lucky opponents make me jealous all the time...

Maybe someone will tell me there's strategy in it... yeah I get it, all thsoe strategies depend on luck too. If the right colour and right card didn't come in right timing, everything is wrong. The first few rounds can pretty much tell the whole story of a game already.

Plus, no house rule on BGA. But you're welcome to call it a broken game. :lol: No game is everyone's cup of tea.
CakeorDave

Post by CakeorDave »

If we do this, we should probably outlaw doubles in backgammon. Or get rid of bauers in euchre. Also, I’m not a fan of the number 1 or 6 on dice in general, let’s make all the die faces 3 and 4 - keep the sand expected value but get rid of variance!

And that’s a bad idea.

Gizmos is not designed as a perfect information game. Maybe it could be? It’s not, though. Have you tried splendor, or better yet, century? They both have similar aspects with a different sort of randomness.

Return to “Gizmos”