Unplayable combination ?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Ditto11

Unplayable combination ?

Post by Ditto11 »

just got an interesting hand, new game, first deal:

Hand limit 0
Play all but 1.

I didn't play both, but just wondering, if I had played the Play all but 1 .., followed by the hand limit 0 .. (I had 2 other goal cards in hand)

Does that turn the game into a "dead game" ? ie nobody can play anything ?

If so, is it just a state where everyone needs to agree to abandon game? or is there any checks in the game to detect a "dead game" ?
or is there a way out of that state that I'm not aware of ?

also, is putting the game in the state deliberately considered ... "impolite" ? :)
wolmot

Re: Unplayable combination ?

Post by wolmot »

I am not sure why you think this would cause a dead game or unplayable situation?
Maybe you missed the part of the "Play All but 1" rule card, that states that you draw an extra card if you start with an empty hand?

"Play all but 1 of your cards. If you started with no cards in your hand and only drew 1, draw an extra card."

Of course the options would be very limited for every player: as long as the basic rules are active you could only draw 1+1, choose 1 to play, and 1 to discard. Until somebody is able to shake things up again with some more flexible rules.

About it being considered impolite: no, I wouldn't think so.
The Hand Limit rule cards may not be the most fun, but using them to force your opponents to discard all there cards during your active turn, is exactly the way they are best utilized. So it should be expected as part of the game.
Ditto11

Re: Unplayable combination ?

Post by Ditto11 »

wolmot wrote: 17 April 2023, 07:46 I am not sure why you think this would cause a dead game or unplayable situation?
Maybe you missed the part of the "Play All but 1" rule card, that states that you draw an extra card if you start with an empty hand?

"Play all but 1 of your cards. If you started with no cards in your hand and only drew 1, draw an extra card."
You're absolutely right, I missed that! :) FIgured there was something I was missing there .. thank you!! :)

Return to “Fluxx”