Hawaiian Hanafuda is now in beta!

Hot and crispy games just out of the oven
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
ufm

Post by ufm »

Hawaiian Hanafuda (also known as Sakura or Higobana) is a Hawaiian card game played using Hanafuda.
Ribbons and Animals switch their usual points with the other, Lightning card can be used as a wild, and combinations do not add points but subtract points from each opponent instead.

Please try the game here: https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=sakura
4everblessed

Re: Hawaiian Hanafuda is now in beta!

Post by 4everblessed »

Excited about a multi-player "koi koi." Excellent training video for this variation, however....without the yaku symbols and point value on the BGA version of the cards, it was hard to play. Maybe those can be optional, so those of us just learning can have the card information on the cards. It takes too much time to review the month and yaku lists, making everyone wait on you. I think that would be a problem in a larger multi-player game.

I really like the koi koi interface with the cards in the field. The cards in this Hawaiian version were too small when we play tested yesterday, especially for mobile players.

I'm really looking forward to playing this game with my koi koi friends once the interface is improved. Thanks for bringing this one to BGA!
ufm

Re: Hawaiian Hanafuda is now in beta!

Post by ufm »

Cards with yaku symbols and point value are not available as public domain resources. If someone has such a sprite I'll add it.
Hover over (or enable confirmation mode and then long tap) cards to check tooltips which describe month cards and possible yakus.

Return to “"Beta" games”