long time to wait for a game and often kicked out

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
betrügeraccounttest

long time to wait for a game and often kicked out

Post by betrügeraccounttest »

Since 2/3 weeks it happens often , that i enter a game, but then it is not starting or some stupid announcement is done "xxxx is leaving the game", but I am kicked out ... and the game starts with a new player, maybe a paying member.

The time for starting a game is not 1 minute and 6 seconds, sometimes 10 min to wait
Fromper

Re: long time to wait for a game and often kicked out

Post by Fromper »

I don't know about the getting kicked out part. But the time to wait for a game if you're not a premium (paying) member is ridiculous.

I quit my premium membership for a few weeks to save money while I didn't have much time to come here and play. When I came back, it would be 5-10 minutes to find a game every time. As soon as I started paying again, I find games in 15 seconds every time. If anything, it's faster to find a game now as a premium member than it used to be a month or two ago.
Zoffiz

Post by Zoffiz »

I tried the free months of premium and i thought - of course - that even if i choose to finish it before the exact day, i was thinking that the free months continued until the free months has gone, BUT! 7 days left and i put of the premium because i didn´t want to pay more... And then my premium get lost directly....... So "free month" seems to be only if you pay or stop it on the exact day.

And of course, waiting for playing a game did get shorter but 7 sec??? And as many has noticed the "timewatch" don´t work.

And i get really irritated to be Thrown out, from start playing a game, and the ones who obviously put there self on to play a game and then don´t....
Tuut Tuut tis Luut

Post by Tuut Tuut tis Luut »

Fromper wrote: 20 April 2023, 16:05 I don't know about the getting kicked out part. But the time to wait for a game if you're not a premium (paying) member is ridiculous.

I quit my premium membership for a few weeks to save money while I didn't have much time to come here and play. When I came back, it would be 5-10 minutes to find a game every time. As soon as I started paying again, I find games in 15 seconds every time. If anything, it's faster to find a game now as a premium member than it used to be a month or two ago.
Premium membership doesn't give you priority on joining tables.

I'm guessing you use the 'automatic' table selection settings?
While every game on bga is free to play, for some games, including TTR, only premium members can create new tables. Meaning non-premium players can still play for free, but only by joining an existing table.

So what's happening here is that there's simply way more players searching than there are tables available, causing long wait times.

When you were still premium this wasn't an issue, cause when you started search a new table was automatically created for you, and you only needed to wait for players to fill it up rather than waiting for a table to become available in the first place.

Return to “Ticket to Ride”