new layout

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
FARMER RON

Re: new layout

Post by FARMER RON »

My personal opinion -

good changes:
-Redo turn and cancel buttons
-Otus the oracle being above your hand instead of bottom of the screen
-Actually being able to use expansion mechanic (ability tokens)
-Cards having a better visual indicator when they have been 'activated'

bad changes:
-Too visually busy. while it matches the actual board game pieces now, it's much too cluttered, making it a pain on mobile
-Adding the ability token mechanic while the arena season had already started. This one is a bit more of a pet peeve, but still..technically it was not voted upon.
-When the year changes, the black screen is really jarring.. could do without that interrupting the screen.
-Can't figure out a way to tell who is first or second player in the turn.

I'll probably add more to this post when I've played some more games.
ITSTIMETOSTART

Post by ITSTIMETOSTART »

I play mostly on my phone, so here is what sucks overall

1. Selecting tokens. Somehow managed to make it worse. I cant see what is selected and try to select air (red) tokens you literally cannot see the highlight.

2. Second and third year cards. I now have to do one aditional action, clicking year two or three tokens. Before I could just scroll down fast check out my third and second year, asses the situation and move on.

3. Transmutation rates. Please remove the transmutation rates or at least have an option to remove those.

4. card layout i feel like cards are biger now, the spaces between cards is wider. This is just too much scrolling for phone users. (And usually i have YT open on a split screen so space is very important)

5.pop up i hope you will remove this bug soon. Now i dont even need to press and hold on the card it just pops up so i have to press on the other card for it to pop up, just so i could see.

Good stuff

1.HD CARDS honestly this is the only thing i enjoy the most and this is something that could of been done long time ago.

2. reserve tokens i was very surprised that we can see now how many tokens are in the reserve. (Altough im not sure if it will be usefull)

Overall, dislike it. Let me have the old overlay with HD cards and im happy lol
calculatorStore

Post by calculatorStore »

tim_is_awesome wrote: 21 April 2023, 18:06 you could read them before by highlighting them. a simple request to hey can the highlight be made larger would be all that was needed. why was this change even made? this version has been on here for 10 years and been very popular. this change reminds me of stoneblade changing soulforge and ascension interfaces from awesome to unplayable. begs the question of why. those digital versions died a quick death. can someone explain what led to this change? and like others are requesting can we get the old one back or a toggle at the least?
My issue was that on phone you had to tap the image to see the hover state, since there was no confirm, it meant that it sometimes would play the card. Zooming didn't help because the text in the image was so low resolution, it was unreadable. If they revert, I'd hope they keep the high res images.
Asulah

Post by Asulah »

Bonjour,
je me permets aussi de faire ma critique du nouveau skin de Seasons (en français par contre) :

• les + :
- le bouton annulation du tour
- les 15 rectangles représentant les invocations
- le calcul des points de carte sur table
- l'intégration des modules des extensions (par contre, je n'ai pas encore vu si on pouvait les désactiver)

• neutre :
- le rappel des taux de change lors des cristallisations (pourquoi pas, mais ça surcharge)
- le rappel des énergies dans la réserve (pourquoi pas, mais ça surcharge)
- je n'ai pas encore vu si le 1er joueur était visualisé

• les - :
- les sons
- le panneau noir de changement d'année : ralenti le jeu
- les cartes qui apparaissent en GROS lors de la phase de draft : impossible à jouer sur téléphone, cela cache toute l'interface, et la carte reste affichée
- les cartes des années 2 et 3 qui apparaissent en après un clic et cachant tout le reste. Qu'elle apparaissent lorsqu'on survole avec la souris, pourquoi pas ... mais là c'est pénible
MartoTom

Post by MartoTom »

One EXTREMELY annoying thing is the very in your face pop-ups of cards that come up when you hover over them. While I can understand the extra bit of information is needed for newer players, the pop-ups are VERY PERSISTENT and sometimes don't hide when you move the cursor away from the cards.
vero14

Post by vero14 »

Aucun intérêt de changer l'interface puisqu'elle n'est pas jouable ..le jeu était très bien comme il était..c affreux un tel carnage.. :evil:
namirosso65

Post by namirosso65 »

I agree with those who want to revert to the old layout. Please! Thank you!
luna16sag

Post by luna16sag »

terrible new lay out!! please come back to the old one.
mrdoctor

Post by mrdoctor »

What does this mean on the bottom right of each player's info? See screenshot attached to post.

Looks like 4 half circles, and one of them has some picture of a haystack with eyes/tentacle-monster, or something 🤷
Attachments
Screenshot_20230423-114057-357.png
Screenshot_20230423-114057-357.png (483.61 KiB) Viewed 642 times
The Chris McKenna

Post by The Chris McKenna »

Generally I like the new design and seeing the number cards in the deck and discard pile can be useful.

However, I would also very much like to see who the current first player is for the round. That information seems to be missing (or I didn't see it)

Also the large pup-up of the cards is better for reading them, but they linger on the screen far to long.

Return to “Seasons”