Wait time for Pantheon + Agora?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Breeze1985

Wait time for Pantheon + Agora?

Post by Breeze1985 »

I'm loving the base set so far and plan to start playing with Pantheon soon. Maybe add Agora to it later; the whole package. Just wondering what BGA'ers average wait time for auto-matching is when everything is enabled?

Also this may be a broad question, but do you think that playing with both expansions is too much and/or too fiddly? Well, maybe the fact that playing online and everything is automated means it's less fiddly...so there's that.

Are turn times longer with expansion(s)?

Thanks.
silentProtest

Re: Wait time for Pantheon + Agora?

Post by silentProtest »

Breeze1985 wrote: 23 April 2023, 07:28 I'm loving the base set so far and plan to start playing with Pantheon soon. Maybe add Agora to it later; the whole package. Just wondering what BGA'ers average wait time for auto-matching is when everything is enabled?
It is more dependent on opponent skill youre searching for and the time of day - prob. best chances to find someone quick is to play (also) against higher ranked players (low elo, either dont play both expansions or become very not low elo quite quick :P ) AND searching during 3-9 PM in the european time zones.

Breeze1985 wrote: 23 April 2023, 07:28 Also this may be a broad question, but do you think that playing with both expansions is too much and/or too fiddly?

Are turn times longer with expansion(s)?
It's not too fiddly, neither online nor irl - but senate and gods need more space on the table (and if you havent enough space it gets a little fiddly^^)

Turns take only longer if the players are unexperienced, either in complexity of the given game version or playing it in real time; or are just very very serious about winning. You can check out my game times for having a good overview ;) . I'd say that I would be maybe 1-2 minutes faster per game in just the base 7wd, just because of less moves to make. The limiting factor is the speed of turn execution btw.

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”