Did I do the tutorial wrong?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
mjt1

Did I do the tutorial wrong?

Post by mjt1 »

It just jumps through a dozen action steps at a time and I don't know what's happening. At first I couldn't even select the trick either.
ammo555

Re: Did I do the tutorial wrong?

Post by ammo555 »

This happened to me as well.
VictorE6

Post by VictorE6 »

Even following the steps there are errors. The highlighted "4" only wants the outside two options selected.

Some reworking of the demo is needed.
mjt1

Post by mjt1 »

I tried it again 6 months later and it's still pretty bad.
cigma

Post by cigma »

If you have any problems with a tutorial, please contact directly its author (who is Torselli in this case).
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
mPony

Post by mPony »

yeah the tutorial is not working correctly.

So we have to message the author of the tutorial directly?
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

mPony wrote: 22 December 2023, 15:59So we have to message the author of the tutorial directly?
Yes. He's the one who wrote it and can change it. If you want a change, contact him.
Last edited by Kayvon on 30 January 2024, 04:01, edited 1 time in total.
toddoneout

Post by toddoneout »

Kayvon wrote: 23 December 2023, 01:32
mPony wrote: 22 December 2023, 15:59So we have to message the author of the tutorial directly?
Yes. He's the one who wrote it and can change it. If you want a chance, contact him.
Can't someone else completely re-do it?!

This is easily the worst BGA tutorial I've come across - it just feels like I'm watching a realtime game play out, but I don't know where to look or what's happening. For all the help it was, I may as well watch a youtube video on mute at 3x the playback speed.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

That's possible, too. Let me know if you want to redo it.

Out of respect to the current author, you should reach out to him first with concerns before I'll approve replacing his work outright. If you were in his shoes, you'd want the chance to improve things rather than being blindsided.

If he doesn't want to change it and the community prefers your tutorial, I can switch them.

Edit: spelling fixes
Last edited by Kayvon on 30 January 2024, 04:01, edited 1 time in total.
Marshallstaxx

Post by Marshallstaxx »

With all due respect to the author, this tutorial is worse than useless. i have watched it twice and I have actually less idea how to correctly play Spots than I did before watching- which is quite the feat in itself. The tutorial just speed runs through loads of actions without explaining anything, and when it does stop to explain something it is muddled and unclear. I vote for a brand new tutorial

Return to “Spots”